Excelvan Screen

I've been projecting against a white wall for years now but I'm thinking about trying a screen to lower the image and perhaps increase the quality a bit.

I like the look of this ebay screen ...... it's an Excelvan.   

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/100-Diagonal-16-9-Projector-Screen-3D-4K-1-2-Gain-Manual-Pull-Down-Projection/332630562580?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Has anyone tried one of these screens ?   I like that it is vertically large so I can pull it down low and infront of my TV and I also like that it can be hung, again it means I can run it infront of the TV (currently having to project over the TV onto the wall).

I know it's cheap ... but is it that nasty ?  Would it be an upgrade to a white wall ?   If not, any other recommendations in the lower price bracket ?  Selby for example ?

This is what I am getting currently against the wall on a bright afternoon.  The size is 120 inch diagonal.    

I think I will just stick with the wall .. it works pretty nice .. I'm using a Panasonic AE-8000 which is bright.   If I do get a screen I think I'll get something better than the Excelvan and maybe grey .... from my research today it looks like the Excelvan might be a step backwards.

btw the projector pin cushion is straight .. its the phone camera lens that is distorted.1577429605341.thumb.JPEG.297ca2cc9d3ea25688edb12f7360b53d.JPEG 

Edited by steveo222

hi steveo22, your projector in the pana ae8000 is a very good one original cost was in the multi thousands of dollars, a proper screen definitely will be an improvement over the wall.. but i would not go an ebay cheapie ! your projector deserves better ! the screen is literally what portrays the picture ....where comes to light :)

if going budget and wanting something motorised.  i wouldnt personally go any cheaper than Grandview from selby which is a fraction of original's price of your projector. projectors will come and go over the years...screens tend to hang around. my own has seen some 5 projectors over the years...

Flamjam - 2400 lumens, I upgraded from a Sanyo PLV4000 and it is significantly brighter and better in most aspects, although I like the automatic lens cover slider on the Sanyo.

betty boop - I've been through this process of agonising over a screen a few times and always end up continuing on with the wall.     The guy I got the AE8000 from had upgraded to a Benq UHD and ran that on a low priced screen ... he showed it to me ... sharp as a pin and black as an OLED TV - but that is down to the projector not the screen.

A screen for me means non fixed, which means problems with waves and tension and curling.     What will I get out of a screen over the wall ?     Colour is fine already, brightness is fine, contrast is fine.   Sharper image ? 

For that matter what will I get from a 1K screen over a .1K screen ?  I know they are pleb questions but please enlighten me :)

Edited by steveo222