Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Stump

Samsung 32" FHD Smart LED TV or Smarter?

Recommended Posts

Samsung - UA32N5300AWXXY - 32" FHD Smart LED TV

Im looking at getting a 32inch Smart TV for the kitchen. What are the smartest TVs out there?? Main smart features needed are playing YouTube and mirror off Iphone and Ipad products and Alexa voice control if available.Looking for quality product as I generally only upgrade when product dies.....So far the Samsung - UA32N5300AWXXY - 32" is my pick.Any views on what else is out there to better the Samsung??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Stump said:

Samsung - UA32N5300AWXXY - 32" FHD Smart LED TV

Im looking at getting a 32inch Smart TV for the kitchen. What are the smartest TVs out there?? Main smart features needed are playing YouTube and mirror off Iphone and Ipad products and Alexa voice control if available.Looking for quality product as I generally only upgrade when product dies.....So far the Samsung - UA32N5300AWXXY - 32" is my pick.Any views on what else is out there to better the Samsung??

Yes Smarter, I would NOT buy a Samsung for the reasons seen here:  This TV was working happily with smart capability but for reasons unknown, Samsung chose not to make a ongoing software update available for my now not so smart samsung 

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0844.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/12/2019 at 8:33 AM, stereo coffee said:

Yes Smarter, I would NOT buy a Samsung for the reasons seen here:  This TV was working happily with smart capability but for reasons unknown, Samsung chose not to make a ongoing software update available for my now not so smart samsung 

 

 

I can understand not upgrading software in the old TVs and apps are bought and sold to different companies..Have been told the 32 inch has less features so I will go a 43 inch. Samsung 43-inch The Frame 4K has a interesting frame mode which will go well in the kitchen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stump said:

I can understand not upgrading software in the old TVs and apps are bought and sold to different companies..Have been told the 32 inch has less features so I will go a 43 inch. Samsung 43-inch The Frame 4K has a interesting frame mode which will go well in the kitchen.

But based on the premise that it can happen again,  move forward 6 years will you be entirely happy to have your 43 inch samsung similarly no longer able to receive apps. ?  I would put zero trust in investing in a Samsung. 

 

Samsung's policy should be to make the software work with ALL Smart TV's , regardless of their year of manufacture. 

 

The evidence for that is the 2013 TV I own worked happily with its Smart feature, up until three weeks ago. Indicating there is nothing physically stopping the TV continuing to receive Smart programs, other than a corporate decision by Samsung to alienate many customers who believed in that firm and that their smart TV would continue to be Smart.    

 

Edited by stereo coffee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


On 27/12/2019 at 9:03 AM, stereo coffee said:

Yes Smarter, I would NOT buy a Samsung for the reasons seen here:  This TV was working happily with smart capability but for reasons unknown, Samsung chose not to make a ongoing software update available for my now not so smart samsung 

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0844.JPG

This isn’t restricted  to just Samsung alone,  you’ll find just about every manufacturer will have this issue.   A change in version on a app can sometimes exceed the capability of the hardware and hence it’s no longer supported....    it doesn’t just happen and confined to home entertainment electronics, it’s also in the industrial and professional arena too.   Can you imagine where a $30-50k licence that introduced a version 2.0 software that’s no longer compatible to your $250k hardware.....  it happens all the time....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in some ways why better off having a *dumb*
 rather than smart tv and just use a media streamer like appletv. both our telly are dumb variety and have been through some 5 apple TVs over the years .... the telly have stayed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

This isn’t restricted  to just Samsung alone,  you’ll find just about every manufacturer will have this issue.   A change in version on a app can sometimes exceed the capability of the hardware and hence it’s no longer supported....    it doesn’t just happen and confined to home entertainment electronics, it’s also in the industrial and professional arena too.   Can you imagine where a $30-50k licence that introduced a version 2.0 software that’s no longer compatible to your $250k hardware.....  it happens all the time....

Thanks,  Samsung need to improve their customer relationship by adopting free software principles - which would benefit them greatly as placing their customers first.  A suite of software displacing older TV's suggests as deliberately increasing its  control of the users by  targeted advertising and who knows what else.  

 

I am probably better off without it.   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went with the Samsung Frame 43inch. They have all the smart features I need and happy with the picture quality with good sound. The Frame feature is a bit quirky but nice touch.

516AD28F-F4B9-4854-BB3B-9B0E09983712.thumb.jpeg.92d57ef94f3a52d8c06c5393fb65744b.jpeg

 

 

 

Edited by Stump
add youtube

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Classifieds Statistics


    Currently Active Ads

    Total Sales (Since 2018)

    Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

    Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...