Sign in to follow this  
stinger

Sony 4K Projector Computer Input Query

Hi,

I've noticed in the specs of the Sony 4K projectors that under display resolution it says only 1080p is supported by computer input signal. Does anyone know if this refers to a computer with a video card that has HDMI1 ports only? i.e. If I have a computer with a video card that has HDMI2 ports, will there be any issues with displaying 4K resolutions from the computer?

Example for VPL-VW750ES (see "Display resolution*3" in the "Specifications" section) https://pro.sony/en_AU/products/4k-home-cinema-projectors/vpl-vw570es#ProductSpecificationsBlock-vpl-vw570es

Thanks

Edited by stinger

Just curious to know how many members have had these projectors after a certain amount of hours eg 200hrs + have run into issues ?

I’d suggest that the document is poorly written and/or for novices.  The device will display all the supported resolutions and refresh rates via hdmi - it doesn’t matter what the source.

5 minutes ago, Lil Caesar said:

I’d suggest that the document is poorly written and/or for novices.  The device will display all the supported resolutions and refresh rates via hdmi - it doesn’t matter what the source.

+1 ;  it used to be easier when projectors had separate d sub15 inputs for vga type signals like the quoted 

1920 x 1080 dots

; now they just shove everything down the hdmi ports ; cheapskates 😁

Thanks for the replies. Glad to hear it's just poorly worded documentation. I was scratching my head at how they could tell apart a computer signal vs non-computer signal.