Jump to content

EXPIRED: Accuphase a46 (eoi)


Recommended Posts

Item: accuphase a46
Location: campsie 
Price: 6250
Item Condition: perfect
Reason for selling: want to get a large class a
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

 Well....

Class a has made love to my ears. Finally i found a calling .

 

i have  a choice to sell a46 and upgrade .

 

if this doesn't  sell quick I'm truely happy to keep. I don't  need this sold but is more of an eoi.

 

This  amp will make cheaper  speakers seem high end... full stop!!
Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

Screenshot_20191221-184549.png

Screenshot_20191221-184513.png

Screenshot_20191221-184529.png

Link to post
Share on other sites


or 150 watts of pure un-adultarated gryphon class A.

 

 

hhhhmmmmm class A ...

 

its only 750 grams per watt...

Edited by Eagleeyes
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, xCombatWombatx said:

gryphon is black too

I'd love it if it was pink. Paint it black( Heat proof paint).

OP's amp is a thing of beauty, but has obviously been bitten by the A bug.

Edited by Hazzzy
Link to post
Share on other sites


9 hours ago, Eagleeyes said:

or 150 watts of pure un-adultarated gryphon class A.

 

 

hhhhmmmmm class A ...

 

its only 750 grams per watt...

😂 funny man

 

But honestly i don't think i will ever own gear or speakers that  warrant a gryphon  150 watt.. 

But i know you have .. also you really shouldn't  sell them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I  used to run 50watts pure class A monoblocks, just couldn't stand the heat. Definitely no music on hot summer night or day. That was 30 years ago and probably no money left for food with current energy pricing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, net said:

I  used to run 50watts pure class A monoblocks, just couldn't stand the heat. Definitely no music on hot summer night or day. That was 30 years ago and probably no money left for food with current energy pricing.

I don't think  you understand how sna works mate.

 

Posting negative things on someone's adds is white anting and you should get a timeout.

Your comment is useless  because you have no idea what you are talking  about.

 

This is accuphase class a.. it doesn't  get much hotter than  a vitus. 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Fantastic amp you have there. You’ll be sorry when it’s gone. Heard one of these up the clacka of some Tannoy Arden’s one time. Absolutely sublimez sounding combo! I’m wachamacallit.....Salivating.😛 GLWS.

Edited by Redterratoo
Link to post
Share on other sites

I run an Accuphase Class A70. Certainly doesn't run hot. When you buy Accuphase you're investing in 73 years of Kaizen (continuous improvement). Which is immediately apparent the moment you unpack it through to the first note of music you hear.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the A47, love it.  Definitely does NOT run hot, warm to the touch once it’s fired up. It’s very hard to beat the Accuphase class a house sound once you have been bitten by it.  Highly recommend this amp if you are wanting to try Accuphase and class a. It would be a no regrets kinda purchase. GLWTS 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the smell of my Vintage 303x.  Sometimes I turn it on,  just to heat it up,  ...and smell it. I think you should be able to smell all Amps .....as part of their Provenance ?  !

Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, warrok said:

I like the smell of my Vintage 303x.  Sometimes I turn it on,  just to heat it up,  ...and smell it. I think you should be able to smell all Amps .....as part of their Provenance ?  !


I do the same with my Nakamichi cassette decks... they have a signature smell 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, petng said:

Is this a Australian 240v model ?

Aus voltage is 230 standard..

 

This is a 220 v version.

Because it has 12 % variable it's perfectly fine to run .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish my ayre acoustics mx-r did not run hot but truth is they do ...when run at 80% power 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

The RRP of these translates to a shade under $17k AUD now (even before "Australian price-gouging tax") so this would seem like a steal - and it's a pretty big step up in output from the A35 - from 30 to 45W Class A into 8 ohms. GLWTS. 

 

p.s. I love the mosfet speaker switching too. Relays (specifically at speaker level signals) have great potential to go wrong and also to degrade the sound without special care and few people exercise that IME. 

The brochure is here:

http://www.accuphase.com/pdf/a-46_e.pdf

Edited by treuben
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/12/2019 at 10:25 AM, Matyk said:

I don't think  you understand how sna works mate.

 

Posting negative things on someone's adds is white anting and you should get a timeout.

Your comment is useless  because you have no idea what you are talking  about.

 

This is accuphase class a.. it doesn't  get much hotter than  a vitus. 

Hey! I used to run super rare woodside rennaissance 50 watts monoblocks, so maybe you thought too highly of yourself. 

Edited by net
Clarit y
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, net said:

Hey! I run super rare woodside rennaissance 50 watts monoblocks, so maybe you thought too highly of yourself

The egg will be on your face mate..

 

I couldnt care less if you ran two v8 engines with 6000 horsepower  running your speakers that ran  so hot it spewed  fire onto your roof  son. 

 

No pissing comp here buddo. I'm selling a class a that runs warm. 

Edited by Matyk
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matyk said:

The egg will be on your face mate..

 

I couldnt care less if you ran two v8 engines with 6000 horsepower  running your speakers that ran  so hot it spewed  fire onto your roof  son. 

 

No pissing comp here buddo. I'm selling a class a that runs warm. 

Eggs get cooked with my monoblocks

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...