Celebrating the Double Live Album on vinyl.

One of my prized possessions is a NM+ Monarch 1st press of Four Way Street. Brilliant album... I’ve been listening to it since my childhood. It’s one of the few albums I’d ever be prepared to get a ‘grail’ version of.

I have an analogue productions of PP&M. Mum had an Aussie first press, but I seem to have killed it as a child :/

I have the new Neil Young & Stray Gators live in Tuscaloosa currently in the postal system. Don’t think it’s a double though...

I also have a ‘Hot August Night’ NM 1st Aussie pressing coming... not a grail for me, but it reminds me of BBQs where the kids (Ie me) ran amok while the adults drank beer... so for $30 I’ll take it over a MOV any day... Also a NM 1st Aussie press of Johnny Cash Live at San Quentin... not sure if a double though.

Great bargains, Aussie first pressings. Infinitely better than most of the new reissues if you don’t want to spend $$$ on a US/UK.

A82763E6-3154-4794-9F06-5E1A5FA0049D.jpeg

554A6E8E-F7A8-4E91-AC5F-F2E5C7B2C2E1.jpeg

1958E40B-0909-4F87-A60A-48FE28AACC37.jpeg

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 1

This one may have only been live in the studio, but it was Abbey Road. Quite necessary to mention this album due to the impact it has had on all who have heard it. I believe it may have been released about the time of an appearance on the Morecambe and Wise show, such was her importance to Brittish, and indeed all western culture. This is one album that should not be missing from anyone's collection. @Luc please take note. (I know, you already have it).

R-4640570-1370804839-8609.jpeg.jpg

Edited by t_mike
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, t_mike said:

This one may have only been live in the studio, but it was Abbey Road. Quite necessary to mention this album due to the impact it has had on all who have heard it. I believe it may have been released about the time of an appearance on the Morecambe and Wise show, such was her importance to Brittish, and indeed all western culture. This is one album that should not be missing from anyone's collection. @Luc please take note. (I know, you already have it).

R-4640570-1370804839-8609.jpeg.jpg

I have about 10 Mrs Mills LPs ( actually 11 but one is a double up ) 

Recently read that there is  a Mrs Mills tribute band 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I have about 10 Mrs Mills LPs ( actually 11 but one is a double up ) 

Recently read that there is  a Mrs Mills tribute band 

That would be the Mrs.Mills Experience - http://www.mrsmills.org/

Also check out the BBC doco on her, Rick Wakeman is great on it https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01n21d2

• Like 2