New Gryphon Cd player, got a spare $58kaud!!!!

15 hours ago, Ittaku said:

But not everything that is expensive is real quality.

Of course.  I would expect that there would be examples in audio as in many other areas, products that are expensive but do not provide a quality outcome commensurate to the price tag.  The products in your system are expensive with I expect a corresponding quality outcome.  Are you aware of any audio product that provides a serious quality outcome that in relative terms is not also expensive? There is no thing such as a free lunch or a free ride.

John

5 minutes ago, Assisi said:

Of course.  I would expect that there would be examples in audio as in many other areas, products that are expensive but do not provide a quality outcome commensurate to the price tag.  The products in your system are expensive with I expect a corresponding quality outcome.  Are you aware of any audio product that provides a serious quality outcome that in relative terms is not also expensive? There is no thing such as a free lunch or a free ride.

I did not really debate your point as for the most part I agree, though I do know of some DACs that embarrass ones that cost 10-100x as much.

3 hours ago, Ittaku said:

I did not really debate your point as for the most part I agree, though I do know of some DACs that embarrass ones that cost 10-100x as much.

My apologies for my misunderstanding.  I am pleased that you and I have a general agreement on the position of the matter of the relative expensiveness of quality audio outcomes.  I assume that the Gryphon is worth the expense for the few able to afford it. 

John

Edited by Assisi

• 1 month later...