Sign in to follow this  
betocool

The official StereoNet Rise of Skywalker Spoilers Thread

So, before any of you go any further, be warned, this is the SPOILERS!!! thread!

Last chance, turn back now.

You've been told.

Let's get to it.

Alright... I'm deprived of sleep today, having been Wednesday up all day, a small nap before midnight, back in bed at 3AM and taking the kids to school at 7:30.

But, oh what a feeling! Star Wars on the ceiling!

Seriously, I liked it a lot. But you know me, it's the main saga, so, there really isn't much they could have done wrong and it has a big element of nostalgia.

Chewie and Lando were highlights. That end battle scene with the ships is epic. The scenery is spectacular, especially that planet on the waves.

I was a bit disappointed that Rose got a little part only and no further development with Finn. At times it did feel a bit rushed, but then again, it was midnight and a long day. Nothing that a trip with my kids over the holidays cannot cure.

Palpatine was scary, like, bad scary, sets the tone from the beginning. As for Hux, as my mate said... "He made his bed".

I have the feeling a lot of people will hate this movie, technically, there's a lot to criticise if you want. That's not for me. It's Star Wars after all, and it delivers what you expect, light sabers, Jedis, battles, Sith, mean guys, and some minor plot twists and the odd surprise.

That's all for now. I'm tired.

Cheers,

Alberto

I loved it! First SW film to make me tear up not once but 3 damn times (Chewie, Leia, and C-3PO) but that's most likely the nostalgia element having grown up with these characters. So any homage moments to films of yore and loved how they basically erased the last film (which was crap)

Saw it Saturday, can not emphasise enough how much I enjoyed it.  The start was genuinely dark, it had fantastic throw backs throughout the film and I found myself really getting emotionally nostalgic many times BUT nothing prepared me for the goose bumps and slight welling when at the end (an opening for spin off clearly) back to Tattoine Rey proclaimed herself a skywalkwer.  Brilliant. 

Saw it too today , enjoyed it 

but some of it still didn't make sense 

Wow!

I thought it was appalling.  Terrible dialog, bad acting, terrible action scenes (professional storm troopers that can’t shoot a target 10ft in front of them) a story that barely made sense.  Didn’t even think the sfx was that special.

only good thing was the line - “yeah - they fly now” in reference to the flying storm troopers.  Kind of taking the pi$$ out of the franchise.

such a good universe - just a shame they can’t get some decent screen writers.  Rogue one was much better.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this