Mystery Projector

43 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

InFocus IN72 or maybe ‘74. Good projector in its day (maybe 10-12 years old?) but very outdated now, specs-wise (not native HD resolution, from memory)

Spot on mate! 

I just found out its a IN74. looks like ill be on the market for a new projector then

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/12/2019 at 2:25 PM, thechrisguy said:

I just found out its a IN74. looks like ill be on the market for a new projector then

Gee that Infocus was my first PJ a decade ago hell I was excited.

Some good BenQ 4k PJ offers are on until end Dec.

16 minutes ago, EZYHD said:

Gee that Infocus was my first PJ a decade ago hell I was excited.

Some good BenQ 4k PJ offers are on until end Dec.

I was all set too on an in82 back in the day for my first projector awesome PQ... indeed benq at time were very good too ... then realised I was susceptible to rainbows .. that blew that plan :D

Why I purchased the Infocus was my neighbour bought one, I near fell over when I saw his huge 100" screen, went straight to my AV dealer and one was mine. Must say friends were blown away too, none I recall saw any rainbows.
Next house we built went Epson PJ, the HT room was not too shabby, the motorised screen was hidden in ceiling void came down in front of TV, all speakers (5) were Earthquake and built in (wife dislikes boxes) Aussie floor sub., audio was bloody fantastic, probably not up to purist standards 9_9.