Speakers you would love to own

First off I'd like some Klipsch Cornwalls (or decent clones).

klonwall.jpg.5826d59274b42e5991e964251b411dc6.jpg

Then, aspirationally, next in line is some large Magnepans (30.7 or Tympani)

Big_Maggies_.jpg.86250be1ddc3bb33a3af76256c3346fc.jpg  Mag_TYmp.jpg.033dae4ee8f4934f42c436171264429e.jpg

Late amendment, I also really want some Duntechs: Marquis or the newer model Princess (space permitting. Ha, who am I kidding. They'll fit!)

847083447_DuntechM.jpg.8b8013c5a1239f35e4edc4914a593982.jpg1516326876_DuntechP.thumb.jpg.403ef0ce96750ae89412384fcec93c27.jpg

Taking my aspirations over the top would be Infinity IRS V or other large line arrays (but no pretentious plants, please).

771403948_IRSVee.jpg.c0df478fcb822117c01aaa60028f60d6.jpg

Edited by Uncle Seth
Duntech added, for completeness....
  • Like 1

On 17/12/2019 at 5:14 PM, rob said:

Generally  I'm pretty happy with my Tannoy based system. I understand all designs are a matter of compromises although what they do well with an active bass solution suits my preferences.

I would like to hear a full on front loaded horn system like the one posted above, or Rommy the Cat's speakers. Also the JBL M2, the Everest DD 6700 always interested me though i thought they sounded pretty horrible at the show a couple of years back.

You're spot on. Those Everests  sounded Absolutely Horrid!

Guest jakeyb77
21 hours ago, proftournesol said:

I think that it's a teapot, opium tea would be more effective anyway

I like the way you think good Sir! 

Guest jakeyb77
20 minutes ago, proftournesol said:

That's why you need the opium tea

Take the $1.5m to Chiang Rai and beyond and you’ll be so chilled you won’t need music at all... 

*** make sure you pay someone to watch over you in your “relaxed” state. 

Edited by jakeyb77

Hi guys,

I would absolutely HATE to own most of the speakers put up in this thread so far. (There's no accounting for the taste of others, LOL.) Many are hideous, many are unusably gargantuan, and many are both. And, from what I have heard listening to close relatives of many of them, terms like overrated, and trading on reputation alone, would not be inappropriate.

But we can only go on what we have heard in auditions, and the conditions of those auditions, so we are all in the same boat really, me being no exception.

However, with the above proviso, if I had to pick the one speaker that sounded so great in my audition that it stood head and shoulders above speakers many times larger and many times more expensive, that produced an experience in me that no other speaker has achieved before or since, --confession time-- it would have to be the TAD Reference One. And I kind of didn't want it to, because it doesn't fit into my preference for unconventional solutions.

Anyway, here it is, in all its unassuming unglory. Until the music starts, that is.

R1TX-Gallery-4.jpg

Regards

Grant

Edited by Grant Slack
  • Like 4

On 16/12/2019 at 1:47 PM, todagt said:

PMC fact fensetria.

2092835789_fenestirapair540x540.jpg.145def34bed1445c7cc2d63b852161c4.jpg

But I have had to settle for my Fact.12, which to be honest, I am totally happy with.

These are a must for me, and a second system soft spot for the Orangutangs ..

• Like 3

• Volunteer
On 24/12/2019 at 9:18 AM, Grant Slack said:

Hi guys,

I would absolutely HATE to own most of the speakers put up in this thread so far. (There's no accounting for the taste of others, LOL.) Many are hideous, many are unusably gargantuan, and many are both. And, from what I have heard listening to close relatives of many of them, terms like overrated, and trading on reputation alone, would not be inappropriate.

But we can only go on what we have heard in auditions, and the conditions of those auditions, so we are all in the same boat really, me being no exception.

However, with the above proviso, if I had to pick the one speaker that sounded so great in my audition that it stood head and shoulders above speakers many times larger and many times more expensive, that produced an experience in me that no other speaker has achieved before or since, --confession time-- it would have to be the TAD Reference One. And I kind of didn't want it to, because it doesn't fit into my preference for unconventional solutions.

Anyway, here it is, in all its unassuming unglory. Until the music starts, that is.

R1TX-Gallery-4.jpg

Regards

Grant

You should talk to @Yamaha_man, I think he’s selling a pair of these 

• Like 1

On 24/12/2019 at 9:18 AM, Grant Slack said:

Hi guys,

R1TX-Gallery-4.jpg

Regards

Grant

Yes, they are a very, very special creation. ??

Edited by Yamaha_man
  • Like 1

On 16/12/2019 at 1:47 PM, todagt said:

PMC fact fensetria.

2092835789_fenestirapair540x540.jpg.145def34bed1445c7cc2d63b852161c4.jpg

But I have had to settle for my Fact.12, which to be honest, I am totally happy with.

These for me too for a start. And yes I'm actually very happy with my humble Tb2S+'s. I've heard all the later models and don't think any have improved on these.

tb2s-00.jpg.962be9f82c029db66726a53d2eb92e4f.jpg

PMC TB2S+

Then there's these:

web-MB2-XBDSE-passive_0.jpg.0714deec51e3e817498d6ecfeac657c2.jpg

PMC MB2 XBD SE 

Last speaker is also quite humble compared to others on this thread. I'm not one to lust after silly priced gear for bragging rights.

harbeth-super-hl5plus---40th-anniversary-edition-1.jpg.1c644e432ff7d005d94f4e2390b228b9.jpg

• Like 1