WATTS GOOD - MELBOURNE : Call for EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST - Your System, Your Collection

Hey everyone,

I'm beginning filming a new Stereonet TV video show in very early 2020, called 'Watts Good' and it's going to feature SNA member's systems and record collections.

643466167_WattsGoodLogodesignatMishaldesigns19JPEG1-01.thumb.jpg.bc01f04770a1a1fb904cfa3d6567da80.jpg

As I'm a vinyl nut myself, I'm most interested in the vinyl collections of course, but killer audio systems of any kind are also going to be a key feature of each episode.

This is an early call out to our many member strong Melbourne and Victorian community to get in touch with me, either here in the thread or by PM (or both), and express your interest in participating.

Not comfortable in front of the camera?  No problems.

You can choose to either appear or not, as much or as little as you feel you want to.

Prefer to have it go like 'Lifestyles of the Rich.....' instead... all good.

Or you've always dreamt of having your collection star in the limelight, but you'd be totally removed: also fine.

Hit me up with your thoughts and let's get your amazing gear, and/or collections, out in the best light(ing) for all to see!  :) 

• Like 14
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Hydrology said:

Why does it have to include those with “killer systems”? Everyone’s definition of such system would be different.

It should be about the music and I would rather see a mixed selection of our community than just the elite few.

Don't take the words here so literally - indeed, if anyone thinks their system is 'killer', then it's a candidate for the show.

I think we can all agree that 2 components and a few CD's scattered around is no-one else's idea of a good time on video, except the owners.

Given that the music is totally subjective, and whose music output is almost impossible to convey accurately through the video and accompanying audio, a story is always going to be the most important part.

Edited by candyflip
  • Like 3

• Administrator
21 hours ago, Hydrology said:

Why does it have to include those with “killer systems”? Everyone’s definition of such system would be different.

It should be about the music and I would rather see a mixed selection of our community than just the elite few.

I don't think anyone mentioned Elite, but you mate.

Killer is a subjective term, and we're open to all systems that are complete (for now!), refined, and presentable. <--- those requirements = killer IMO.

I get lots of PM enquiries from members curious about my open baffle speakers. Perhaps a minimalist, high WAF system could also be of interest.

My vinyl collection is quite modest by the standards here.

• Like 3

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Hydrology said:

Candyflip already replied and explained “mate”, no need to be both flippant and parochial.

Not my intention at all @Hydrology. I hadn't seen the replies below yours when I replied.

• Like 1

Fair enough.

Just to Iterate there are quite a few of this type of format of vinyl collection videos online and most of them focus on the music rather than the equipment used. In the interests of constructive feedback this would be my preference for this series of videos, the collection primarily with the equipment a secondary thing.

Could we then have an alternate universe series of videos highlighting systems the absolutely blow away 'killer' systems...(wait for it) coz the owners picked up on the connection between room treatment and SQ.

Been to heaps of showrooms, quite a few members places with rather exxy systems but also been to a few places where the music reigns supreme because of the synergy going on in the background.

Wonderfully matched gear for the listening environment it's in.

I can dig where the guy above is coming from with his shout out to the music and the music firstly.

*But happy to see some vids of the Bleak City members places and of course their gear.

**If someone gets excited by this up this way, I can point them to some systems that don't actually show up on SNA but are SNA members all the same. They'd be an interesting adjunct to anything that CF eventually films. Because (of course) they're as silly and tunnel visioned as the rest of us in this hobby. Zu's run by 2 watt amps(bi amped mind you!). Entire rooms taken over by vintage gear you'd sell your soul for, Earle Westons greatest creations in duplicate connected by cables worth more than the amps...crazy stuff but...the end result absolutely has to be about the music, anything else is just fluff really.

*** looking forward to the vids.?

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Luc said:

**If someone gets excited by this up this way, I can point them to some systems that don't actually show up on SNA but are SNA members all the same. They'd be an interesting adjunct to anything that CF eventually films. Because (of course) they're as silly and tunnel visioned as the rest of us in this hobby. Zu's run by 2 watt amps(bi amped mind you!). Entire rooms taken over by vintage gear you'd sell your soul for, Earle Westons greatest creations in duplicate connected by cables worth more than the amps...crazy stuff but...the end result absolutely has to be about the music, anything else is just fluff really.

*** looking forward to the vids.?

Yes, very interested by a show as you describe it. More eccentric the better ;) 

And ditto re the original show proposed. Just lead me to ep. 1 when it goes live!