Anthem MRX 720 and additional 2 channel amp

Hi

I have recently purchased an Anthem MRX 720 AVR however i need another 2 channel amp to power my two additional outdoor speakers.

My speakers are PSB CS1000 https://www.westcoasthifi.com.au/product/psb-cs1000-outdoor-speakers/

They are way too overkill for outdoors due to neighbours and not being able to talk so I dont need to play them really loud etc.

Any recommendations for a 2 channel amp to connect to my Anthem to power these?

I used my Anthem currently to power 2 x floor standing speakers, center, sub and 4 x In ceiling speakers.

Cheers

Seriously consider a blue sound powernode. 

Will be so much easier than switching zones on an AVR, and convenient app control of playlists and volume whilst outside.

27 minutes ago, todagt said:

Seriously consider a blue sound powernode. 

Will be so much easier than switching zones on an AVR, and convenient app control of playlists and volume whilst outside.

Cheers buddy but that is way way more than I want to spend to power my outdoor speakers.

Buy a decent power amp to run your main speakers and use a couple of channels of your AVR for outside.

Give the more important speakers the better amplification.

Your Anthem should allow this configuration if it's amps are assignable and it offers outputs for another "Zone".

BTW........I'm pretty certain that your Sub is powering itself!!!!

Edited by JohnL
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, JohnL said:

Buy a decent power amp to run your main speakers and use a couple of channels of your AVR for outside.

Give the more important speakers the better amplification.

Your Anthem should allow this configuration if it's amps are assignable and it offers outputs for another "Zone".

BTW........I'm pretty certain that your Sub is powering itself!!!!

My Anthem has enough power for me. Just want something small and cheap to power the outdoor ones.

yes, the Sub is powering itself 🙂

Edited by Arry74

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hipnhop
      Item Condition: In great condition with normal wear Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Ascot Vale State: VIC Payment Method: EFT, CASH on pickup Reason for selling: Surplus Hi All

Selling my surplus portable amps. This one is a rare gem and is made in the USA. Specially ordered in for my shure SE864. The RRP is $399 US

More info can be found in the link

https://www.headamp.com/products/pico-slim

The Pico Slim is HeadAmp's smallest amplifier, at a mere 9.4mm thick!  Inside it holds finely tuned audio circuitry, including a unique 255-step volume control, and a powerful battery capable of 60 hours of playback time. The chassis is milled from solid aluminum, giving this tiny amplifier a robust build that's made to travel.
      The Pico Slim is designed to be an ideal companion to in-ear monitors and efficient low-impedance headphones, by using a special technology to maintain perfect channel matching even at very low listening levels.  The Pico Slim's advanced circuitry handles complex multi-driver, multi-crossover in-ear monitors with ease, and maintains a jet-black background for relaxed listening.
      The Pico Slim includes a USB charger, and a protective leather amplifier case.

• By mrpato
      Item Condition: Great Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Maidstone State: VIC Payment Method: PayPal or Cash Reason for selling: Surplus Further information:  
      Purchased this from SNA 2 months ago as my first DAC/Amp. Very flexible DAC with plenty of input / output options. Perfect for starters and it's no fuss device that does your DAC and Amp as one. 

Powered my headphones with ease, BeyerDynamic DT990, Sennheiser HD700 and HIFIMAN Sundara.

Inputs:
      - USB
      - Optical
      - BNC
      - SPDIF
      - XLR AES/EBU

Outputs:
      - RCA
      - Balanced XLR

What's included:
      - Matrix mini-i
      - Power cord

Reviews:
      https://www.techradar.com/au/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/hi-fi-accessories/matrix-mini-i-dac-977524/review

Please ask if you have any questions. Thank you

• By stuckinhere
      Item Condition: Int: Excellent Ext: fair/average Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Lindfield State: NSW Payment Method: EFT or Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Single (One/1) Musical Fidelity 550K Supercharger for sale. This amp was given to me approx six months ago to repay a debt. It had been sitting in a dark corner of a storage container for some years. When it was given to me both speaker connections were broken off and the base plate was showing signs of surface rust. I took about restoring the amplifier with the idea of using it with a passive subwoofer or to run a centre speaker (total overkill but think of the headroom..).
      The internals are in pristine condition. The external case of the amp is in fair/average condition. Both speaker connection have been replaced and the base plate has had all rust removed and given a fresh coat of automotive paint. I have tested the amplifier and it sounds better than I have the ability to describe (numerous reviews online and GIYF).

Amplifier specification:
      Output: Power 550 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (27dBW), 
       750 Watts per channel into 4 Ohms 
      Voltage, RMS 66 Volts 20Hz to 20 kHz 
       Voltage, Peak-to-peak 186 Volts 
       Current peak-to-peak 250 Amps 
       Damping factor 220 
       Output devices 12 
      Thermal cut out (internal temp) 70ºC 

Line input: 
      THD + noise, 20Hz to 20 kHz < 0.016% 
      Signal / noise ratio > 120dB ‘A’-weighted 
      Input sensitivity for 550 Watts 2.23V 
       Input impedance 50k Ohms 
      Frequency response 20Hz to 30 kHz, +0, -0.2dB 
      Speaker input: 
      Signal / noise ratio > 115dB ‘A’-weighted 
      Input sensitivity for 550 Watts 33V 
       Input impedance 50 Ohms 

Connections: 

Line level inputs: 1 line level RCA connector 
       Speaker inputs: 1 pair 4mm banana plug/binding posts 
      Speaker outputs: 1 pair 4mm banana plug/binding posts 
      Power requirement: 100 / 115 / 230Volts AC 50 / 60Hz (factory pre-set), 
      1000 Watts maximum into 8 Ohms, 53 Watts idle 
      Weight: 12.1 kg, 26¾ lbs unit only, unboxed 
       15 kg, 33lbs in shipping carton
      Dimensions: 215 mm, 8½ inches diameter 
      404mm, 16 inches high including feet 
      220mm, 8¾ inches deep (front to back) including terminals

Photos:

• By indy500
      Item: Phonitor E/2/XE or Violectric 281
      Price Range: negotiable, depending on model / condition
      Item Condition: Used
      Extra Info: Looking for a Phonitor E/2/XE amplifier or Violectric 281 amplifier (with or without a DAC)

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible.
    • By 943
      Item Condition: Used, very good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Canberra State: ACT Payment Method: Any Reason for selling: No longer required. Only use 2 channel now. Further information:

https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/pioneer-sc-2022

7.2 Class D amplification
      7 x HDMI in
      1 x HDMI out
      Apple AirPlay
      App control

I have all accessories, manual and remote. Also have the original box which is in poor condition (the kids got to it) but no internal packing. 

AVR has been lightly used and in storage for the past 18 months and works perfectly. 

Pickup or I could deliver in ACT. 
      Photos: