Sign in to follow this  
Arry74

Anthem MRX 720 and additional 2 channel amp

Hi

I have recently purchased an Anthem MRX 720 AVR however i need another 2 channel amp to power my two additional outdoor speakers.

My speakers are PSB CS1000 https://www.westcoasthifi.com.au/product/psb-cs1000-outdoor-speakers/

They are way too overkill for outdoors due to neighbours and not being able to talk so I dont need to play them really loud etc.

Any recommendations for a 2 channel amp to connect to my Anthem to power these?

I used my Anthem currently to power 2 x floor standing speakers, center, sub and 4 x In ceiling speakers.

Cheers

Seriously consider a blue sound powernode. 

Will be so much easier than switching zones on an AVR, and convenient app control of playlists and volume whilst outside.

27 minutes ago, todagt said:

Seriously consider a blue sound powernode. 

Will be so much easier than switching zones on an AVR, and convenient app control of playlists and volume whilst outside.

Cheers buddy but that is way way more than I want to spend to power my outdoor speakers.

They come up pretty cheap on the classifieds, keep an eye out there.

Buy a decent power amp to run your main speakers and use a couple of channels of your AVR for outside.

Give the more important speakers the better amplification.

Your Anthem should allow this configuration if it's amps are assignable and it offers outputs for another "Zone".

BTW........I'm pretty certain that your Sub is powering itself!!!!

Edited by JohnL

28 minutes ago, JohnL said:

Buy a decent power amp to run your main speakers and use a couple of channels of your AVR for outside.

Give the more important speakers the better amplification.

Your Anthem should allow this configuration if it's amps are assignable and it offers outputs for another "Zone".

BTW........I'm pretty certain that your Sub is powering itself!!!!

My Anthem has enough power for me. Just want something small and cheap to power the outdoor ones.

yes, the Sub is powering itself 🙂

Edited by Arry74

Any other suggestions?

he has done a few that are similar to what u linked

Cheers mate I love his channel, forgot about it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 943
      Price: $400 Item Condition: Used - very good condition Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: Kingston State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: Any Reason for selling: No longer required. Only use 2 channel now. Further information: 
       Pioneer SC-2022k AVR for sale. In very good used condition. 

https://www.pioneer-audiovisual.eu/eu/products/sc-2022

7.2 Class D amplification
      7 x HDMI in
      1 x HDMI out
      Apple AirPlay
      App control

I have all accessories, manual and remote. Also have the original box which is in poor condition but no internal packing. 

AVR has been lightly used and in storage for the past 12 months and works perfectly. 

Pickup or I could deliver in ACT. Not interested in posting. 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By iceman
      Price: $1300 Item Condition: As new, barely used Shipping Options: I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Canberra State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: Bank transfer Reason for selling: Due to space limitations for speakers, I moved to a headphone only set up and there do not require an amplifiers and speakers Further information: 
       They have won a HiFi Pig award.
      https://hifipig.com/graham-slee-proprius-mono-power-amps/
      Item Measurement Power output (rms) measured 26 Watts into 8 Ohms; 45.5 Watts into 4 Ohms (ref 1% THD+N at 1kHz) Power bandwidth at rated power into 8 Ohms 10Hz - 47kHz (-3dB), 20Hz - 25kHz (-1dB) Power bandwidth at rated power into 4 Ohms 12Hz - 40kHz (-3dB) Total harmonic distortion and noise at 8 Ohms 100Hz: 0.043%; 1kHz: 0.047%; 5kHz: 0.061%; 10kHz: 0.085%; 20kHz: 0.125% Total harmonic distortion and noise at 4 Ohms 100Hz: 0.066%; 1kHz: 0.071%; 5kHz: 0.094%; 10kHz: 0.129%; 20kHz: 0.181% Signal to noise ratio in dB "A-weighted": 87dB; 22Hz-22kHz "Q-pk": 80dB Bias type Class Ab; Bias current: 60mA (approx.) Input sensitivity for rated output 575mV rms Short circuit protection Fuse and power supply shut-down (short circuits should be avoided to prevent component stresses) Fuse F2A 5mm x 20mm (glass "quick-blow" fuse rated at 2A) Power supply 48V DC, 120 Watt - self adjusting to AC mains 100V - 240V, 47 - 63 Hz; IEC cord supplied Size (approx.)
      Amp W105 x H55 x D205 mm; Power supply W65 H40 D170 mm Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By alexb
      Price: $700 Item Condition: Mint in original packaging Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Adelaide State: South Australia Payment Method: Cash, EFT, Paypal (buyer pays all transaction fees and postage) Reason for selling: Selling headphone rig Mint condition, used infrequently and battery always kept charged. Legendary performance. Comes with original box and accessories including charger, USB cable, booklet, rubber strap bands for stacking with other devices, international power adaptors.

Upgraded to Mullard 6021 and Sonotube tubes (great improvement over stock tubes).

At the front: 3.5mm single ended headphone output; 5 LED sample rate indicator for DSD64 (white), 88.2kHz/96kHz (blue), 176.4kHz/192kHz (green) and 44.1/48kHz (red); a volume potentiometer (also serves as on/off switch); power LED indicator; high and low gain switch and 2.5mm balanced headphone output.

At the rear: 3.5mm fixed 2Vrms analog output signal (straight from DAC); power/charging connection; micro USB digital input; input switch allowing you to choose from digital or analog input sources; a 2.5mm balanced input; and a 3.5mm single ended input.

Dimensions: 145mm x 25mm x 82mm / 5.75″ x 1″ x 3.25″ RMS per channel, both channels driven: Single Ended: 80mW into 32 ohms 95mW into 50 ohms 75mW into 150 ohms 60mW into 300 ohms Balanced: 125mW into 32 ohms 145mW into 50 ohms 110mW into 150 ohms 95mW into 300 ohms Input impedance SE: 10k Input impedance BAL: 50k Output impedance SE and BAL: < 1 Ohm
      Photos:

• By es9038pro
      Just thought id leave some pictures of the inside of my Primare SP31 AVR opened it to give it a clean. 

• By surprisetech
      Item:  JVC RX-5022V. 5.1 Channel Dolby Digital/dts/ProLogic II Receiver.
      Price:  $100 +Postage at cost if required.
      Item Condition:  Very good used condition.
      Reason for selling: Deceased estate.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      One of my father in law's AVRs.  This was the heart of his main system and was still in use until September last year.
      Includes Optical & Coaxial S/PDIF inputs, but no HDMI.
      Very well looked after and fully functional.  Includes original remote control and User Manual.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.