2020 - StereoNET Show Evolves

• Administrator

As the cat seems to be out of the bag I thought I may as well reveal our plans for our 2020 show.

As many know, given what has transpired with shows in Australia over recent years, and despite proving once again in 2020 that our show was the biggest, widest advertised, best supported and most well attended thanks to the hard work of our entire team, we had decided to take a break next year. I said to many (and let's face it, the exhibitors are the ones with the ability to call the shots) that the industry would ultimately decide the future of shows in Australia.

Well, I can now say that I was wrong to take a break. The overwhelming support from our previous exhibitors, and the great reputation of our show spreading even on an international level has led us to completely rethink that decision. 

We will run a show in 2020. It will still be in Melbourne, and at the same venue, however it will be an all-new format. It will now take place within the Pullman Conference and Event Centre, and a brand new dedicated show entry via Lorne Street. November 6-8. 2020.

It will be called the Melbourne Home Entertainment Expo, and as well as 46 dedicated hi-fi spaces over two levels, there will also be six large cinema spaces (and maybe more cinemas in the smaller spaces). The Record Fair will move to a brand new area (4-5 times the size of previous years), and we will introduce the Expo area with over 65 3mx2m spaces (or variations of), showcasing the latest in TV's, Smart Homes, Gaming, hi-fi and home cinema accessories, Custom Installation products, plus lifestyle audio and tech products and much more. There will also be a new dedicated 60 seat seminar space that will feature guest presenters across all three days. Headphones will be better represented via a dedicated headphone zone in the Expo. One brand will also be exhibiting in the exclusive "Brand X Nightclub" which is going to be something pretty special too, but more will be revealed on that later.

There will be a big marketing push across mainstream media, with the hope to cover TV and Radio for this show. We want to bring "hi-fi" back to the masses.

So, ultimately a show that is nearly three times the size of previous shows in Australia. The most brands likely ever represented at a show in Australia.  The plans are only in their early stages so far but the dates are set, the venue is booked and it's full steam ahead.

Stay tuned!

• Like 34
  • Love 1

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Stump said:

"but the dates are set", ? Will be good to know to fit in with travel plans.Will you be employing any local Models for the Show?

Stump

Dates are 100% set. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, aussievintage said:

Damn, I thought you liked my idea of doing it up at the Gold Coast :) 

I’d really love to bring a show to GC and Perth at some point. But my sole focus has first been refining what the show is and making it appeal to a wide audience.  I think we are one step closer to my vision with this new format. If successful, I would like to then move it around, but I suspect Sydney would make the most sense for the first show outside of Melbourne. 

How well are the home shows supported in Brisbane? I know Perth’s show is good. That’s more inline with what I am using as a gauge. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Administrator

Depends when you booked - what dates did you book?

The projected dates were listed as 'proposed', and there was an early date change to reflect the availability of the new space we have now booked.

Full show press release and official announcement in the coming days. It's going to be BIG!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marc said:

Depends when you booked - what dates did you book?

The projected dates were listed as 'proposed', and there was an early date change to reflect the availability of the new space we have now booked.

Full show press release and official announcement in the coming days. It's going to be BIG!

Yes. Found out when I asked for leave so the original date must have been in October sometime.  

Well will now need to do some scheming to get the change of dates.

Hope I can still make it.   

• Like 2