Uptone Audio EtherREGEN Owners & Discussion Thread

16 minutes ago, Stereophilus said:

Yes, you need to do it in the router settings.  Binding the MAC address to an assigned ip manually is known as a “static ip”.  You will want to set static ip’s for the Streamer/DAC (as you have done) but ALSO for the NAS.  It is possible the ER will also show up on the network map with an ip, and if so, you should set a static ip for the ER as well.

My Synology SAN is on static ip.  I am not sure Uptone Regen has ip address or not.

13 hours ago, Always Classic said:

My Synology SAN is on static ip.  I am not sure Uptone Regen has ip address or not.

From what I gather, only managed or Smart switches have IP addresses so they can be logged into to manage.  EtherRegen is not.

I have EtherRegen upstream of router with only one cable in - fibre out and works without any hitches.

37 minutes ago, dbastin said:

From what I gather, only managed or Smart switches have IP addresses so they can be logged into to manage.  EtherRegen is not.

I have EtherRegen upstream of router with only one cable in - fibre out and works without any hitches.

I can confirm that. I can’t find any ip of ER on my router.

Finally I figured out why. 

I tried turn off DAV during night, no use. 

When I change clock source from external to internal, it works!  

So I replaced the clock cable in use and change the clock source back to external, and ER keeps working all the time.

So it's this clock cable issue. It's Aurealis 50ohm clock cable. 

Solved.

• Like 2