SOLD: FS: PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC (upgraded to Mk II)

SOLD

Item: PS Audio PerfectWave DAC (upgraded to MK II)
Price: $2,100 ono (i'll include shipping Aust wide)
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: recently bought a new DAC,  this is now surplus to requirements
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (buyer to pay fees), bank transfer
Extra Info: I've had this since new circa 2012 and upgraded to MK II shortly afterwards. 

I recently had the pleasure to compare it with some current high end DAC's such as the Naim NDX 2, PS Audio Directstream, and Auralic Vega G2 on loan for home demo's. Whilst in the end I went for something new and different, it was in small degrees that the PWD II was bested as is the law of diminishing returns in this hobby of ours. At the end of the day the PWD is a really good DAC that is transparent, dynamic, musical and listening to music from it as the source is pretty bloody awesome. 

Other than being a really good DAC in its own right, the cool thing is that down the track you can upgrade to Directstream DAC, and also upgrade the Bridge to the mk II if you have Roon.

Original double boxing and remote (mk II remote) included. I cant find OEM power cable so I'm including a 1.5m Grave Science power cable which is an upgrade in itself at no extra cost.

From the Darko review of the MK II some years ago;

https://darko.audio/2012/10/ps-audio-perfectwave-dac-mkii-review-part-2/

"Think of the MKI as a flat white or a cappuccino. Then picture a long black (Americano). That’s the MKII. It’s tastier and brings more zing. More kick too. Without the milk and froth, you’re closer to the bean, closer to the music. The MKI presentation is a shade more congealed that its successor. The NativeX-ing MKII is more proficient at clearing clean spaces between stage players without a thinning of acoustic mass.

The PerfectWave MKII isn’t the best DAC in the world either. To say so is dumb hyperbole. Running up a Tom Evans amplifier and Avant Garde Trio hill against a dCS Puccini + uClock saw the dCS ascend with more graceful ease – the PS Audio unit was contrasted as a meal with beautifully presented tonal flavours but tainted by too much pepper and spice. There’s nothing out of the ordinary there. At AU$29k, one would expect the dCS to best the considerably cheaper PS Audio box. That the latter got so close with listener satisfaction and detail trawl is commendable."

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_7798 (002).jpg

IMG_7809.jpg

IMG_7812.jpg

IMG_7813.jpg

IMG_7815.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1