JVC X5500 2nd Hand Good Buy?

Hi all,

I am looking at setting up my first home theater. I would like a great quality projector that can be used for many years and be happy with it. After doing a lot of reading and researching I have found that the JVC projectors to be very popular for home theater enthusiast.

I can not afford the new JVC N series so would need to look at getting a 2nd hand projector.

I have an opportunity to get a JVC X5500 projector for $1,800. Is this a good buy as I do not normally purchase 2nd hand equipment. It has around 750 hrs used on the lamp and is the original/first lamp. The projector itself is in good condition.

Should i go ahead and jump on this projector or should I wait and try and find a x7900 or x9900? Is there any other projectors that you recommend? Max I would not be looking to spend is up to the 4K mark. 

Thanks in advanced.

That 5 series I thought had a better lens  too. And they messed around with the e-shift on the 9 series. Javs would tell you the same, he's still got his 9500 and wont part with it. I miss my x7500 was a spectacular projector.