Wicked WEDNESDAY AT JB HIFI 20 plus off and bonus extra 5 percent cds and vinyl that's 25 percent off

I think this is the code for the extra 5 percent off

VIEW ONLINE >
JB Hi-Fi
SHOP NOW     GIFT CARDS     MY PREFERENCES    
Wicked Wednesday Starts Online Now
Wicked Wednesday Starts Online Now

Movies
Music
Check out more Wicked Wednesday Deals

Delivery
Get Extra 5% off on Wicked Wednesday
Get Extra 5% off on Wicked Wednesday
92VQBC4L93Y74S

92VQBC4L93Y74S

This coupon is unique and can only be used once. Discount coupon is for 5% off selected product purchases on Wednesday 11th December 2019. Only one coupon is redeemable per customer. Redeemable instore and online as single transaction only. 5% Off Discount is for product purchases excludes: Apple Products, Contracts, Miele & Asko agency products, Dell Built to Order, Pre-Paid Cards & Gift Cards, Pre-Orders, Extended Warranties, & Delivery. Coupon cannot be used in conjunction with any other coupon offers. Cannot be used at Airport locations. Coupon and barcode must be legible and surrendered upon use.

Redeem Coupon Instore
  1. Print out coupon email with barcode fully legible.
  2. Visit your local JB Hi-Fi store.
  3. Present the printed coupon at the checkout when ordering the coupon product.
Redeem Coupon Online
  1. Visit the product page
  2. Add the coupon product to your online shopping cart.
  3. Enter the coupon code in the box provided at checkout - and the discount will be applied to your owing total.

• Like 3

• Volunteer

Some of the vinyl is 'reduced" to the price that it's already at in store.

There's a whole bunch of stuff that I've seen instore in their "sub $31 bin" which is showing as reduced to $31.

Some of the stuff is reduced to what you can buy it for elsewhere anyway

A bit cheeky

Edited by sir sanders zingmore

2 hours ago, candyflip said:

Coupons are unique and can only be used once by the person it was delivered to.

FYI JB seem to have changed previous practice for this and the last 10% - at least some of the codes are duplicates that can be used multiple times.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

Some of the vinyl is 'reduced" to the price that it's already at in store.

There's a whole bunch of stuff that I've seen instore in their "sub $31 bin" which is showing as reduced to $31.

A bit cheeky

It’s actually against the Law.

• Like 1

JB have form in this regard.

On several occasions I have seen albums listed cheaper when not on sale and I have seen displayed prices jacked up when the sale is on.

I purchased a two albums earlier this year which cost me a lot less than when they were on sale about 6 weeks later.

One other thing is that many of the discounted albums are not available for store purchase or "click and collect" during sales so some of the savings are negated by shipping cost.

3 hours ago, candyflip said:

It’s actually against the Law.

From the national sales manager when I worked there (a long time ago now):

”Nothing’s against the law until a judge says it is; if a judge says it’s against the law, we have an obligation to the shareholders to break it if it’s more profitable than adhering to it”.

Edited by furtherpale

10 minutes ago, furtherpale said:

”Nothing’s against the law until a judge says it is; if a judge says it’s against the law, we have an obligation to the shareholders to break it if it’s more profitable than adhering to it”.

Wow.

wow.....

4 minutes ago, Eagleeyes said:

Well who would have thought a simple friendly post would turn so bad. Apologies members just thought it was a good offer just in time for and Christmas pressies.

too add salt into the wounds no free delivery option and the cost is the same as the 5 per discount . 

It is not your fault mate. You did a good thing to bring it to the collective attention.

It is just that many people don't realise how dodgy this company can be.

• Like 1

My code which I have already redeemed, is exactly the same as the one shown above. Even the barcode looks the same, so I am wondering if in fact they are all the same and it is only JB that are saying they are different.

• Like 1

• Volunteer
11 minutes ago, groovem said:

My code which I have already redeemed, is exactly the same as the one shown above. Even the barcode looks the same, so I am wondering if in fact they are all the same and it is only JB that are saying they are different.

That's a good point, my code was identical too

6 hours ago, furtherpale said:

“A long time ago” is pertinent here. The company now is a very different beast from the cowboy attitude that started the whole thing off. Claims of “jacking up prices” are usually baseless and can often be explained. What seems dodgy to a consumer can be just a consequence of (fair and legal) pricing strategy. I have been in this business for quite a few years and am quite familiar with customer perception and the rage they feel when they aren’t getting the discount that they think they deserve. Despite this, I hope some folks here saved a few quid. 
cheers

M

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, unclemack said:

“A long time ago” is pertinent here. The company now is a very different beast from the cowboy attitude that started the whole thing off. Claims of “jacking up prices” are usually baseless and can often be explained. What seems dodgy to a consumer can be just a consequence of (fair and legal) pricing strategy. I have been in this business for quite a few years and am quite familiar with customer perception and the rage they feel when they aren’t getting the discount that they think they deserve. Despite this, I hope some folks here saved a few quid. 
cheers

M

Post Macquarie VC buyout and through to post IPO... pretty much everything was above board prior.

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rantan said:

Add me to that list. I am positive that they are all the same.

I'm relieved to hear the codes aren't unique, having innocently appropriated the one Eagleeyes (OP) posted in drawing attention to this offer. Nor are they all the same, apparently: the one I received after my purchase today was different. Perhaps they vary by day or state...

As to whether bargains are to be had: I bought a record there on Monday for what my research suggested was the standard price. Today, I acquired two more for 24% less than what my research suggested was the standard price. Thanks, OP.

Just asking if you did get %25 off

as i checked m receipt and it was not , i went back and the actual 5%| was off the discounted price

so if you bought  2 x dvd at $20..00 the price at  %20 discount  is $16.00 and the %5 discount was off the $16.00

• Volunteer
1 hour ago, junkmail said:

Just asking if you did get %25 off

as i checked m receipt and it was not , i went back and the actual 5%| was off the discounted price

so if you bought  2 x dvd at $20..00 the price at  %20 discount  is $16.00 and the %5 discount was off the $16.00

correct, so it ends up being about 24% off 

It's the classic sales trick "take another 20% off our already reduced prices"… makes people think they are getting a bigger discount than they really are