Amazon Prime Music (and Video)

When I ordered my new DAC I was offered free shipping by clicking on the 30 day Prime trial, so I signed up.    The side benefits caught my eye and I am pleasantly surprised. Prime Video has HEAPs of good stuff. 

Prime music is a bit of a catch as you only get 2 million songs free, not bad though,,  and get tempted by the unlimited membership for the 50 million songs.    

Downside of both, for me, is they don't integrate with my systems as well.  Stan and Netflix play via Google Home, and Spotify integrates into my Moode music player nicely.  At least Prime music can be cast to Chromecast.

A question, I have set Prime Music quality to "Best Available"   Anyone know what that is? Hoping about the same as Spotify...

12 hours ago, TDX said:

If you sign up Amazon prime for a year, it gives you both amazon video and music for a year as well included in the price of prime I think it’s really good.  

Yep.  Although as I noted, you get a special reduced subset of the music, only 2 million songs.

I am finding lots of good stuff to watch on the video.

• 1 month later...

I just got a free 90 day trial of Amazon Music, from there website. Gives me access to Garth Brooks haha, but what I am really hanging out for is Amazon lossless, which has started in the US and Japan, and can’t be too far away. I tried Tidal, but the interface didn’t do it for me, especially at that price. My guess is Amazon lossless will be reasonably priced but once again the interface could be its downfall, time will tell.

I also happen to have a family firmly entrenched in the Spotify universe, now if Spotify went lossless...