Yamaha RX-V385 not displaying audio codec

Over the Black Friday sale weekend I upgraded my home theatre setup with an LGB9 65" OLED and therefore needed a new AV Receiver thats 4K capable. I upgraded from a Pioneer 7.2 VSX 1122 which was brilliant for my VT60 Plasma. I never did end up running 7.2 channels so it was a little overkill for my needs. On the Pioneer, when it would receive a signal in DTS, DD, DTS-HD, etc, etc, that format would be displayed on the display on the front of the receiver. On this new Yamaha RX-V385 I just see "HDMI 1" with "Cinema DSP" above it. I've looked through all the settings and can't seem to find anything that would enable the displaying of the audio format. I am able to press the Options button on the remote and see in "Signal Information" the 'Format' will show the correct format playing.  This atleast lets me know the right audio is being played but an annoying process that I'd rather just see on the receiver display panel. 

Is this not a feature I can find for this model? Or could someone help me out and let me know how to find it?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, ozsteveo said:

I just see "HDMI 1" with "Cinema DSP" above it. I've looked through all the settings and can't seem to find anything that would enable the displaying of the audio format. 

Cinema dsp is for different dsp modes like roxy theatre and european cathedrals . As Irek said "straight" is for any bitstream sent to be decoded without any dsp added 

12 hours ago, iversons13 said:

Try toggling the 'info' button on the front of the unit.

That did it! 

Thanks so much iversons13. 

On 07/12/2019 at 4:54 PM, Irek said:

What is the Yamaha connected to? If BR player that just press "strait". 

I have my HTPC, PS4 and Chromecast all plugged into the receiver and then the receiver out into the TV ARC HDMI port. The receiver is eArc and 5.1 capable so no issues there. Anyway, toggling the 'info' button on front of the receiver fixed the audio codec display problem :)

• Like 1