ARC not working is driving me nuts.

Hi guys I'm pulling my hair out.

I have a Panasonic EX780A 65" tv and just bought an Anthem 720 AVR.

I have a brand new high quAlity HDMI cable plugged into the HDMI ARC input of the TV and the HDMI ARC output on the Receiver.

I have enabled Viera Link settings on the TV and also CEC control on the the Anthem. 

Have played for hours and cannot get sound from tv to play on my speakers.

Sound plays fine from my HD player etc.

Is more than frustrating.

Have tried powering off everything a number of times but no joy.

Any ideas?

17 minutes ago, BlackMX said:

I also found this an infuriating issue with my 780 on setup.  Did you try  disconnecting and then reconnecting the HDMI cable AFTER  enabling CEC? 

Sure did many times

Perhaps before giving up, do try another hdmi cable. I have two Monster cables in 2m and 0.6m floating around message me if  you interested in them. Otherwise plenty of hdmi cables pop up in the classifieds. 
What hdmi cable have you got that is not working? Keep in mind not all hdmi cables are the same, despite many arguments here otherwise. 
Neo

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

Perhaps before giving up, do try another hdmi cable. I have two Monster cables in 2m and 0.6m floating around message me if  you interested in them. Otherwise plenty of hdmi cables pop up in the classifieds. 
What hdmi cable have you got that is not working? Keep in mind not all hdmi cables are the same, despite many arguments here otherwise. 
Neo

Cheers buddy but have tried another cable without success. Do you live in Perth?

I cannot get sound from the tv to go via my speakers no matter what I do. Even tried an optical cable that I had connected to my Denon receiver. Tv optical out to the Anthem's optical In = no noy, not happy at all.

8 hours ago, Arry74 said:

Have tried everything.  Conclusion is ARC on Panasonic TV's is absolutely ****.

Going back to my optical cable.

Im with you on this one . I have constant issues with the handshake between my Panasonic TV and soundbar . But if i remember correctly on my TV there where different options that could be selected in CEC control . If you havent done so already , might be worth a look .

• Thanks 1

Ensure you have gone in to the menus of the TV and also the AVR and have set the audio output (TV) and audio input (AVR) correctly.  

You often have to manually select what output/input you are using in the menu systems - these things aren't always plug and play.

• Thanks 1