Show us the gear you are not using.

On 16/06/2020 at 8:02 PM, Analog Revenge said:

Klipsch Cornwall speakers cause the current space is not big enough so I use the Missions 770S and the AR610 sets.  

I know a space where you can store them for free!!!

I havent used this in a while and is a bit of Perth hifi history.

This is basically a clone of a Naim NAP250 amp.

It is probably around 30 years old and was made by Klass the tech that used to service Vince Ross Hifi.

All hand numbered with a front touch sensor and are very heavy due to the marble box which was meant to help with cooling, resonance and interference....

20200618_132000.jpg

20200618_132020.jpg

20200618_132013.jpg

This thread is a cracker. Most of you have better gear in storage that I have on my main system.

Some of the vintage gear is very cool.

I'll go back to lurking in the shadows again ?

• Like 2

On 10/06/2020 at 9:49 PM, Phill said:

The R1.3 is a stunning pre

Burning in a HK Citation 19 after refurb, paired with a yamaha CX-1, sounds good. Hooked up the Consonance R1.3, kind of a wow moment. Noticeable improvement in sound stage/image and tones. Being critical, it didn't handle the crash of cymbols, during the early stages, as well as the CX-1, however the positives easily outweigh this point. Will give it another listen. Previously had paired the R1.3 with integrateds like Yamaha CA-2010, only sounded ok.

1 hour ago, mbz said:

Burning in a HK Citation 19 after refurb, paired with a yamaha CX-1, sounds good. Hooked up the Consonance R1.3, kind of a wow moment. Noticeable improvement in sound stage/image and tones. Being critical, it didn't handle the crash of cymbols, during the early stages, as well as the CX-1, however the positives easily outweigh this point. Will give it another listen. Previously had paired the R1.3 with integrateds like Yamaha CA-2010, only sounded ok.

Using an array of  power amps including 845's, M-100 S Knights, 805's and OAD the R1.3 performed beautifully portraying the full audio spectrum, cymbals here used to hang slowly decaying into the black or smashing and crashing with realism. As my power amps got better the pre was more than able to keep up until the OAD CP1 audition blew it away. 

R 1.3 is a top bit of gear and no slouch BUT the OAD CP1 pre will blow many highly regarded highly priced preamps into the dust.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

My lovely SP9 preamp has been sitting idle for a few months, such a reliable and functional bit of kit with classic looks to boot. 

I cannot convince myself to sell it even though I don't think I'll be needing to use it any more.

1695856209_SP9(1).thumb.jpg.6e294eac9fd1526b7e64421419713ddc.jpg

Edited by Willmax
  • Like 1
  • Love 1