Sign in to follow this  
hellzigha

FS: Osborn EOS reference bookshelf speaker

Item: Osborn EOS Ref bookshelf speakers
Price: $2300 + shipping cost 
Item Condition: excellent 
Reason for selling: as described below
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only
Extra Info: These are my end game speakers and I never thought I would be selling them. But I now have a one year old and she moves fast. I don’t think that bookshelves are a safe thing to have around her. plus I hardly have time to spend listening to music nowadays. 
       The speakers themselves are probably the best sounding bookshelves I have ever owned. I sold my Osborn Grand Epitome Refs as they were too large and fell in love with these during the HiFi show in Melbourne in 2017. I got them from Greg Osborn the following week. 
          Surprisingly, they create a huge soundstage like the big floorStanding ones. The detail and depth Is really outstanding. All from these small boxes. 
 I have listened to them for less than 50 hours in total. 
            It comes in gloss finish and Tasmanian Blackwood cabinets. the speakers have been very well cared for and has no scratches or marks. 
           I am the first owner. Happy to ship at buyers cost and risk. I still have the original boxes. Can demo and these speakers are easy to drive. 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

38EFA827-4D33-4529-BC5F-4F5BB241CD08.jpeg

992B0D8F-82E8-483E-A2D1-E4298079076E.jpeg

9ABF511F-FDE7-4F48-9373-24C821C882A5.jpeg

091BBC9E-0150-4AF7-B026-96CEBE968B95.jpeg

8796117F-51CA-45FC-BBE2-5E7EFF380CBC.jpeg

108F3391-D3D6-4C46-966D-B8A100A28341.jpeg

AFE766C8-118C-49E8-AC96-70589D8455D8.jpeg

6CAF8AD2-949A-4F66-B330-5292BA486ED0.jpeg

Edited by hellzigha
Wrong date

You bought them in 2007... is that right? They look too good to be 12 years old.

38 minutes ago, Nudge said:

You bought them in 2007... is that right? They look too good to be 12 years old.

Think that might be a typo should probably read 2017, Hifi show hasn't been going that long well not that I know of anyway.

Good fellow to deal with too just my 2c's worth.

Edited by BATMAQN

That tweeter looks different.

If they are 2007 model they would have the Focal tweeter yes?

Thanks.

Edited by rantan

1 hour ago, Nudge said:

Batmaqn  is right.. typo. I bought it in Nov 2017. Ad updated. 

Edited by hellzigha

Great speakers indeed. The only way I would move these would be upgrading up the Osborn line or some sideways folly into panels. Agree about the huge sound and authority these speakers deliver and depth, imaging, all that are superb and on a completely other level. 

GLWTS:thumb:

Edited by lemarquis

18 hours ago, lemarquis said:

Great speakers indeed. The only way I would move these would be upgrading up the Osborn line or some sideways folly into panels. Agree about the huge sound and authority these speakers deliver and depth, imaging, all that are superb and on a completely other level. 

GLWTS:thumb:

Totally agree. I don’t think I would move away from the Osborn range of speakers. Best speakers I have ever owned. I would get another pair a few years down the track, once the little one is bigger. Till then, it’s a SONOS for me !!!

22 minutes ago, hellzigha said:

Totally agree. I don’t think I would move away from the Osborn range of speakers. Best speakers I have ever owned. I would get another pair a few years down the track, once the little one is bigger. Till then, it’s a SONOS for me !!!

I forgot to mention also that since owning the Eos Reference I have completely removed the sub. In a small to medium size room there is absolutely no need for it as they go so low and the bass is very tight and tuneful. Awesome speakers at any price!

On 06/12/2019 at 1:58 PM, lemarquis said:

I forgot to mention also that since owning the Eos Reference I have completely removed the sub. In a small to medium size room there is absolutely no need for it as they go so low and the bass is very tight and tuneful. Awesome speakers at any price!

I agree 100% these speakers do produce big bass for a book shelve speaker. They sound like floor standers. Good luck with the sale.

I remember at the audio show, Greg had them beside the grand epitome refs. I went back to that room multiple times just to make sure what I was listening to was real. 
Managed to listen to both side by side and can attest that the soundstage and depth  is as big as the Epitome Refs. 

There has been some enquirers regarding the speaker stands. 
The  speakers sound best biwired. So, 
I will  sell a pair of Audio Principe biwire speaker cables and the speaker stands for an extra $100. The stands alone cost me more that that. 
the stands are solid open frame ones. 
Works perfect with the speakers. 
These items are only for sale with the speakers. 

cheers