Sign in to follow this  
LWA Staff

SOLD: Audio Research Reference CD9 Player

Item: Audio Research Reference CD9 Player / Transport
Price: $9500
Item Condition: Excellent 2nd hand condition
Payment Method: Credit Cards, Cash, Bank Transfer, PayPal, Zip Pay with up to six (6) months interest free. 
Shipping: Anywhere in Australia, POA
Extra Info: This CD9 CD Player comes to us in excellent secondhand condition and with all it's original accessories and packaging and modified Gold Edition valves.  

Tech talk: The Reference CD9 incorporates four digital inputs: Asynchronous USB 2.0HS, AES/EBU, RCA, and Toslink. All inputs handle 24 bit / 192k resolution. As you would expect, the Reference CD9 retains the Philips PRO2R transport, still the best dedicated CD mechanism available. It is simply unsurpassed for compact disc playback. The REF CD9 utilizes quad 24-bit DACs running in mono mode, with dual master oscillators; one for 44.1/88.2/176.4 sample rates, the other for 48/96/192kHz sample rates. Sample rate conversion is selectable for all inputs, allowing playback in native resolution or via upsampling, including compact disc and USB input. Additionally, there is a selectable digital filter, with either fast or slow roll-off.  The analog section is vacuum-tube, with four 6H30 dual-triodes, and there is vacuum-tube power-supply regulation featuring a 6550WE with a 6H30. - **Note: these have been upgraded to Gold Edition Tubes** The front panel has a dimmable CD display on the left side. On the right side there are three vertical rows of LEDs to indicate sampling rate, input selection, filter and power.  In addition to the digital inputs, the back panel includes Digital Outputs (AES/EBU and BNC), single-ended RCA and balanced XLR outputs, and a 15A IEC power connector. 

AR_CD9_1.jpg

AR_CD9_3.jpg

AR_CD9_4.jpg

AR_CD9_5.jpg

AR_CD9_6.jpg

AR_CD9_7.jpg

AR_CD9_8.jpg

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By shazza6887
      Price: $150 Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash on Pickup, Paypal Reason for selling: NLR Further information: 
       Used a handful of times, No longer required.
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Gabehcuod
      Price: $200 Item Condition: 8/10 - Small bit of the wood gone. Shipping Options: Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Vaucluse, 2030 State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal, Cash Reason for selling: Project I wanted it for, fell through Further information: 

Beautiful Sansui 331 Integrated Amplifier with Tuner.
      This unit was recently services and the LEDs were replaced for a much nicer blue/green.
      This is 15WPC but at no point does it sound power limited.
      Frankly, imo 15W is plenty for most setups.
      Small part of the wood is scratched/scraped off

• By Gabehcuod
      Price: $300 Item Condition: 6/10 - Woofer has two small dents I only just noticed. Shipping Options: Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Vaucluse, 2030 State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal, Cash Reason for selling: New speakers don't need a sub Further information: 
      Hasn't been used for a few months.
      I used to have them paired with Canton GLE426 but since upgrading, I haven't needed this and It's remained off for months.
      MSRP was $675 for the sub (dealers went down to $600) and $110 for the isolation platform.
      The sub can be mounted on the wall or placed underneath furniture and it fits perfectly on the isolation platform.
      The dents have no affect on the sound and cannot be seen when properly placed.

• By Psyberpunk
      Price: $7900 Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: Oxley State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: Cash, Bank transfer, PayPal (if you pay fees) Reason for selling: NLR - went back to valves I purchased this amplifier new in April 2017 from an Australian retailer and it still presents in new condition, with no scratches or marks that I can see - so if you've been hunting for a minty McIntosh power amp to upgrade or add to your Mc-Stack then this one could be for you!

Low ballers will be ignored - I’d like to sell this amp because it isn’t being used, not because I need to as a result of any current events.

It's been a fantastic amp however I've move into the Audio Research brand for a sound which is a little different (and for tube power).

I have the original double box, manual, packaging etc for this, it's a crazy heavy beast at 60kg packed - so pick up is preferred.

Any freight required as well as paypal fees are not included in the above price and will be at buyers cost depending on the your requirements.

MC302 features classic McIntosh amplifier styling combined with advanced audio performance. Larger easier to read Watt Meters, New Style McIntosh engineered binding posts and the latest advancements in circuit design combine to make MC302 the Value McIntosh amplifier.

The MC302 Power amplifier has continuous average power output rating of 300 watts per channel, with a peak output current of 60 amperes.

Electronic Specifications
      POWER OUTPUT PER CHANNEL: 300W @ 2, 4 or 8 Ohms
      NUMBER OF CHANNELS: 2
      THD: 0.005%
      S/N BELOW RATED OUTPUT: 122dB
      DYNAMIC HEADROOM: 1.8dB
      DAMPING FACTOR: >40 Wideband
      RATED POWER BAND: 20Hz to 20kHz
      FREQUENCY RESPONSE +0,-0.25DB: 20Hz to 20kHz
      FREQUENCY RESPONSE -3DB: 10Hz to 100kHz
      Control
      REMOTE POWER CONTROL: Yes
      MULTI CHANNEL DB25 CABLE: N/A
      General Specifications
      CIRCUIT CONFIGURATION: Push-Pull Complementary
      CIRCUIT DESIGN: Transistor
      MONO BRIDGE: No
      MONO PARALLEL: No
      AUTOFORMER: Yes
      METERS: Yes
      METER LIGHT SWITCH: Yes
      BALANCED INPUT: Yes
      FRONT PANEL: Glass
      ILLUMINATION: LED Fiber Optic
      CHASSIS STYLE: Open Stainless Steel
      GOLD PLATED BINDING POSTS: Yes, New Style McIntosh
      Weights & Dimensions
      DIMENSIONS (W X H X D): 17-1/2" (44.45cm) x 9-7/16" (23.97cm) (including feet) x 22" (55.88cm) (including front panel, knobs and cables)
      WEIGHT: 98 lbs (44.45 kg)
      SHIPPING WEIGHT: 131 lbs (59.42 kg)

Photos: 

• By Class A Audio
      Price: $3500 Item Condition: Trade in, excellent physical condition and function Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Notting Hill State: Victoria Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only Reason for selling: Further information: 
      Location: Class A Audio, 8/585 Blackburn Rd, Notting Hill, VIC, 3168. phone (03) 8555 0735

The Rocket 88 is very interesting from several perspectives. It uses a "Retro" design Cat's Eye tube for monitoring output level for each channel. You can see them in the photo above left. These are the round green "things" on the left and right side of the amplifier front panel. They were used on various products back in the 1960s, especially on tape recorders (they were reel-to-reel recorders back then). Only professional recorders had VU meters, and this was long before LCD recording meters that we see on modern cassette recorders of all price ranges.

The Rocket 88 is switchable between functioning in Triode Mode (20 watts Pure Class A output per channel), and Ultra-Linear Pentode Mode (40 watts Class A/B per channel). There is a small toggle switch behind the far left KT-88 and far right KT-88 for switching each channel between these two modes independently, although I cannot think of a reason why I would ever use one channel in triode mode and the other channel in pentode mode. It may be just to keep the circuits as isolated as possible.

Specifications
      Circuit: Push Pull, Balanced, Class A Triode, Class AB 
      Ultra-linear
      Tube Compliment: Four  KT-88 Output tubes, Two EL-84 Current Source Tubes, Two  6922 Input Tubes
      Power Output: 20 Watts RMS per Channel in Triode Mode, 40 Watts per Channel in Ultra-Linear Pentode Mode
      Inputs: RCA Single-Ended, XLR Balanced
      MFR: 15 Hz - 30 kHz ± 1 dB
      Output Indicators: Dual Cat's Eye Tubes
      Size: 9" H x 10" W x 18" D
      Weight: 42 Pounds