SOLD: FS: Lenehan ML1 Plus R (New shape), plus Lenehan ETI AMG Toppers.

SOLD

Item: Lenehan ML1 Plus R (New shape), Lenehan ETI AMG Toppers
Price: Speakers and toppers together - $2300 (ONO), speakers alone, $1,900 (ONO), Toppers $500* plus PayPal or credit card fee (1.9%), plus shipping (if required). *I will only sell toppers separately, if speakers sell by themselves.
Item Condition: 9/10 - immaculate
Reason for selling: Magicos
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: 

Speakers are in 'as new" condition, toppers have very minor chips.

ML1+R cost $5,800 new in 2017 direct from Mike Lenehan.

I have original boxes for the ML1+R and for the toppers.

Can happily demonstrate - need to hear to appreciate how good these speakers are. Only something many times the price has encouraged me to change.

Local Pick Up preferred.

Sell as one lot strongly preferred. *I will only sell toppers separately, if speakers sell by themselves.

1930621913_NXXyCj8QXqhlyZptzySw.thumb.jpg.76db4e18a2ae9a4f389f6510fdb35c59.jpg

ouahBpWjQwirOxdd9Fn5Rw.thumb.jpg.3624c3865f431533dad25db7ced0777d.jpg

1017907412_cL91HwVSUGYrI9fTBXIQ.thumb.jpg.e23097bb94c66cc47ccb35ae160e3ca7.jpg

IMG_4053.thumb.jpg.ca119946f60d2d17a270302b0e1d8acf.jpg

IMG_7857.thumb.jpg.573b35c5d8a95cb5a33a6ed2843124b2.jpg

IMG_4827.thumb.jpg.939b42d3f724b73e77c4e2267058cce6.jpg

IMG_5435.thumb.jpg.815676bd4c1bf964874c65fdb13fb7e0.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, Cardiiiii said:

Why this is still here at this price is beyond me. 

I don't understand it either!!

I can sell the Toppers 20 x over - perhaps I'll make the toppers $2,300 and you get free speakers!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Unsound said:

I can sell the Toppers 20 x over - perhaps I'll make the toppers $2,300 and you get free speakers!!!

Good idea.

There is an Italian restaurant near me who does the same thing. The pasta is free and you only pay for the sauce, but of course, you must buy the sauce!

• Like 1

No, unfortunately the stands sold in a separate sale - you can buy the excellent, but expensive Lenehan stands which are a perfect match, or do as I did, get some Dynaudo, Focal, Atacama, Quadraspire, etc. or other good stands and fill them with Garnet (from Bunnings - used for sand blasting) - you can get good stands from $250 up to about $1000.

I think the Mike Lenehanan Stands are more Lenehannsive expensive Again.

Thanks,

M

Guest Muon N'
9 minutes ago, amisty said:

these compared to osborn eos ref? these power hungry or easy drive like the eos

They have a pretty benign impedance plot, and why some of us get away with using valve amps down to 20 watts a channel like I do with my older model ML-1's, some prefer to drive them with higher current amps but I get very nice performance with my 20 watt Triode strapped EL34 amp..

Edited by Muon N'
typo

4 minutes ago, amisty said:

ok cool and sounds wise? which would be the better one? eos ref or these?

as they are similar priced and there is a used pair of eos ref for sale at the moment too! 

I think the lenehan is using Scanspeak D2608 and Peerless drivers.  In my experience they are very good in terms of mids and highs.  Whereas the Osborn one is using Seas and I think a Focal driver and those Seas tweeter are really good and high price, IMHO. 

I have DIY speakers both based on Seas and Scanspeak (no focal) and to me they are both great speakers :) You can't go wrong either way.  GL.

10 hours ago, captain.j said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a Topper?

It's a device that sits on top of the speakers made up of 3 components a frame, a heavy weight and some decoupling devices.

The theory is that the combination of heavy weight, decoupled from the speaker, increases the inertia of the speaker and therefore reduces out of phase vibrations.

(I think)!