Sign in to follow this  
Fergalicious

Vintage turntable buying advice

@Fergalicious I'd go the Dual CS505 mk2 mate.

A very good sounding table for the money.

The only problem this TT has had over the decades is power supply on and that was rare.

Fixed here if problems ever arose. 

Yep, I'm keeping my eyes open for a cheap 505-2 as well. The way people talk about their setups around here is can't hurt to have a second table.

auto-lift - wouldn't be without it. You would have to be completely out of it to scratch vinyl with one of these. The mechanism for this on my Kenwood KD990 is really simple and in no way does it impair the sound, since it only comes into play at end-of-side.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By peppy
      Hello Everyone

Whilst enjoying looking at the apocalypse from my window, and sharpening my survival skills playing apocalypse video games, I was thinking of buying a good closed back headphone as one of my bucket list tick offs (in case if i have to go pushing daisies).
      Now , i already have Hifiman Ananda, Sony MDR Z1R, Focal Clear and was looking at something to compliment my headphone setup with a closed back with wide soundstage and something that perfectly suits listening to orchestras, classical etc (I do care about quality bass, not slam).

I came across (what seems from user reviews) a hidden gem, Pioneer SE-5 Monitor.
      Anyone with any reviews, opinions , previous owners, lovers , ex-lovers (haters) , stalkers ? friends turned foes  with Pioneer SE-5 Monitors ?

(dont want to spend $1500+ on headphones as I have to leave a huge chunk of my money -- $500 to be exact, fortune for my wicked wife !!!)
      Open to purchasing used headphones as well, if the item makes sense

Thanks

• By Rawshack
      Price: $250 Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Thornbury State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Moving house Further information: 

Bought these a couple of months ago, before I settled a new house so, along with some other things, has to find a new home. Drivers are magnavox circa 1960s. 

Lovely sounding vintage speakers and selling with a (genuine) heavy heart. 

Photos: 

• By 943
      Price: $400 Item Condition: Used - very good condition Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: Kingston State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: Any Reason for selling: No longer required. Only use 2 channel now. Further information: 
       Pioneer SC-2022k AVR for sale. In very good used condition. 

https://www.pioneer-audiovisual.eu/eu/products/sc-2022

7.2 Class D amplification
      7 x HDMI in
      1 x HDMI out
      Apple AirPlay
      App control

I have all accessories, manual and remote. Also have the original box which is in poor condition but no internal packing. 

AVR has been lightly used and in storage for the past 12 months and works perfectly. 

Pickup or I could deliver in ACT. Not interested in posting. 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Rawshack
      Price: $275 Item Condition: Good condition Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Thornbury State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Moving house Further information: 

Beautiful Vintage Sansui AU-101 amplifier in perfect working order. Recently serviced with all pots cleaned. 

Selling due to house move and need to clear the decks. 

Pick up in inner north melbourne or delivery at buyers cost via sendle or other courier.

Thanks

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By russell66
      Price: $350 Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Kardinya State: Western Australia Payment Method: Paypal Cash Bank Transfer Credit Card Reason for selling: NLR Further information: 
      Project RPM 1.3 Turntable and Ortofon 2M Red Cartridge

Excellent turntable, very good condition, If you're going to produce turntables at a good price as project do, then you need a good design, leave out what you don't need and focus on the parts that matter, and in my opinion Project do that great.

I am not the first owner but when i purchased it the previous owner had hardly used it and the same has been true for me, so the cartridge has had little use and appears to be in good condition when studied with a magnifier. Sorry for the close up it is next to useless. 

The Deck is designed to have a round belt (about $25 to replace) It has a flat belt at the moment which is perhaps not right for the motor but i prefer the way it sits on the platter. I can't locate the round one.

The cartridge is the Ortofon 2M Red MM, a really great cartridge.

The whole package sounds very good, the turntable itself would suit further upgrades to the cartridge, despite the hype around spending more on an arm or turntable.

I have the original box so postage should not be too difficult, it will be at your cost and risk. I would prefer local pick up for obvious reasons.

A personal opinion: I have had and compared many, many turntables over the years and in my experience the matching of the cartridge and phono stage is by far the most important part of getting a good sound. The arm comes next. The actual turntable is the least important part. I could offer so many examples of this. We likely would never put an expensive arm and cart on this deck because we would tell ourself that the price of the deck does not warrant it. If you did though the difference between this and something more expensive would be minimal. It's a turntable and by nature of the vinyl you put on it they are musical.