GONE: Denon AVR-4520 Faulty

00madz

Item: Denon AVR4520
Price: Free (donation to SNA appreciated)
Item Condition: Has some sort of fault with output stage - keep clicking on/off
Reason for selling: Faulty
Payment Method: You pay for postage or come and pickup
Extra Info: Has a developed an issue where sometimes the sound output will "click" off (audible click). Then it will click back in again. I'd say it's some sort of faulty relay or cold solder joint - muting and unmuting the receiver often clicks it back in again as does changes to the source signal - eg if I skip forward so the sound input signal switches off  and back on again. Sometimes the receiver works perfectly for weeks other times it'll click like crazy as soon as you start using it. Seems to have got progressively worse and last time it happened i saw a little flash of light. I immediately switched it off and am sick of it. I love the receiver, but don't have the skills to fix it or the time to mess around with it. Might be a simple fix if you know what you're doing or are near someone who does.
It's still a good receiver with plenty of grunt and a good feature set, was the top of the line denon in 2013.

Cosmetically is it's reasonable condition has a couple of dents in the top of the case. There are some marks around the edge of the volume button too.

I have the original box, both remotes, audyssey mic etc - no instruction manual - pdf is online.

Happy to answer any questions - there's an early video of the problem here:

IMG_4550.jpeg

IMG_4551.jpeg

IMG_4552.jpeg

IMG_4553.jpeg

IMG_4554.jpeg

IMG_4547.jpeg

IMG_4548.jpeg

IMG_4549.jpeg

Edited by 00madz
Has been taken
  • Like 1

Hi Mick,

Ill take it if no one else has beaten me to it. Let me know and I’ll PM details and organise payment for shipping to Sydney. 

Matt

Edited by matt_o
Typo

• 1 month later...