Elton John

wolster

Saw Elton at HBF Park in Perth on Sunday. Wow! What a man. What a gig.

Still on top of his game at 72. Great band. Brilliant sound (would love to know what speakers were used. Big caterpillar like curved buggers).

This is the final tour guys. Elton is no J Farnham.

If you can get a ticket at his remaining gigs. Just go.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, wolster said:

If you can get a ticket at his remaining gigs. Just go.

Totally agree Wolly, went to the same gig and was just amazed. Still standing after all the self-abuse, press abuse, fan abuse, security abuse, everything and anything abuse over 50+ years, incredible.

• Like 2

I have followed his music since his first album,and I have I think ever album ,he has recorded, plus a couple of stunning compilations,

a body of work very few could ever equal,

Lucky for us here at SNA

his recordings usually are of high sonic quality

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, colinm1 said:

I have followed his music since his first album,and I have I think ever album ,he has recorded, plus a couple of stunning compilations,

a body of work very few could ever equal,

Lucky for us here at SNA

his recordings usually are of high sonic quality

Yes. I played Goodbye Yellow Brick Road on Monday amongst a lot of other 70's bands and Still rekon Funeral for a friend/ Love lies Bleeding is amongst his best, if not the best.

• Like 2

Guest Peter the Greek

We're seeing him at Hope Estate (winery in the Hunter Valley) in January. Cannot wait!

I've not read/listened to his book yet, but the Mrs reckons its superb.

Taking Miss 7.5 with us. She's thrilled. It'll be her second concert (first being Adele - 90,000 people at Stadium Australia). We've set the bar high for her.

Guest Mr Thorens

I saw the Adelaide gig last night. He still has so much intensity and played for over 2.5 hours. I’d like to know the set list because the first half they played some great extended prog rock numbers off early albums. And with 50 years as a performer it was multi generational. Even the 14 year olds were dancing around and singing the hits toward the end. 

Scored some free tickets (fortunately legit!) just yesterday so we got a sitter for Little Grizzly and Mrs G and I went along. Virtually impossible to get a decent view of the stage, honestly some must have camped there all afternoon it seemed. Regardless the vibe was great and tunes even better. He does work around the higher notes now, but does so masterfully. If I have that much energy at his age I'll be pretty happy!

• Like 1

Saw Elton last night at Rod Laver, went for 2 hours 45 and his performance was staggering!

Wife and I reckon probably best concert we've been to, when you weigh up the quality and quantity together.

Was  a last minute decision to go, after @wolsters recommendation to go at any cost!

Thanks Wol! ?

So whatever you do, @Marc snaffle some good seats via a safe reseller, we would only buy hard copy tickets to be sure.

20191210_213926.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I went with the wife and kids to Rochford on Friday. Car said 43 as entered the car park. Hottest I can remember being.

Fantastic concert none the less, right up until the heavens opened around 1.5 hours in. When the rain first hit the crowd went wild, but then it got REALLY heavy and was coming in sideways, straight into the stage. Concert abandoned, and took close to 2 hours to get out of the place. Waiting to hear if it will be re-scheduled.

18 hours ago, blybo said:

I went with the wife and kids to Rochford on Friday. Car said 43 as entered the car park. Hottest I can remember being.

Fantastic concert none the less, right up until the heavens opened around 1.5 hours in. When the rain first hit the crowd went wild, but then it got REALLY heavy and was coming in sideways, straight into the stage. Concert abandoned, and took close to 2 hours to get out of the place. Waiting to hear if it will be re-scheduled.

now that's a bummer!