furtherpale

New Nirvana Unplugged LP

Weird that they split the original album over 3 sides.        I expected 1 disc for the album and another for the 'bonus' material.  

I need a copy of unplugged to complete my nirvana collection,  but don't think I'll be paying double for this version.  

2 minutes ago, manchu said:

Weird that they split the original album over 3 sides.        I expected 1 disc for the album and another for the 'bonus' material.  

I need a copy of unplugged to complete my nirvana collection,  but don't think I'll be paying double for this version.  

The original LP (and CD?) was shortened to fit on a single LP... so it’s the first vinyl of the full concert.

Edited by furtherpale

15 minutes ago, furtherpale said:

The original LP (and CD?) was shortened to fit on a single LP... so it’s the first vinyl of the full concert.

I don't think that's correct.     The TV broadcast was 2 songs short apparently (Something in the way & Oh me),  but  all CD, DVD, Vinyl releases  to date had the full concert I believe 

They would have just split over  3 sides to improve the sound quality.     Album is 54min long so ~25min+ a side isn't ideal for LP's

10 minutes ago, manchu said:

I don't think that's correct.     The TV broadcast was 2 songs short apparently (Something in the way & Oh me),  but  all CD, DVD, Vinyl releases  to date had the full concert I believe 

They would have just split over  3 sides to improve the sound quality.     Album is 54min long so ~25min+ a side isn't ideal for LP's

Happy to stand corrected!

I’m still chasing an ORG, but Nirvana is the only band I’m happy with a few ‘just because’ albums anyway.

Maybe we’ll get more of the chatter etc between songs like in the DVD.

Edited by furtherpale

Apparently this is the same April Golden’s cut from 2017 spread over 3 sides And pressed by Pallas. Someone on Discogs commented:

Sound quality is not as good as the greatest 2009 Bernie Grundman’s or the 94’s original. I did however enjoy the side 4 with the unreleased rehearsal songs which ironically have a very clear and warm sound.”

But at this more affordable price I am definitely interested...

Edited by MoveD

Posted (edited)
On 03/12/2019 at 2:40 PM, furtherpale said:

Sorry if already covered.

Full concert + rehearsal on 2 x LP. I’ve ordered, but cannot comment on what it sounds like yet.

I got this at JBhifi for Christmas. I bought this based on a few people mentioning that it was a decent recording. 

It’s sounds really good. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed mate. 

Edited by Mungbean66

10 minutes ago, Mungbean66 said:

I got this at JBhifi for Christmas. I bought this based on a few people mentioning that it was a decent recording. 

It’s sounds really good. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed mate. 

It’s not bad at all, and for the rehearsals I’ll keep it, but the ORG remains high on my list of priorities (a mate has it and it is OUTSTANDING!!!)

On 03/12/2019 at 4:43 PM, furtherpale said:

Happy to stand corrected!

I’m still chasing an ORG, but Nirvana is the only band I’m happy with a few ‘just because’ albums anyway.

Maybe we’ll get more of the chatter etc between songs like in the DVD.

Love my ORG Copy 👍