Sign in to follow this  
bennyc

SOLD: FS: (SYD) Pro-Ject Carbon and CA 651p Relist with price drop

Item: FS: Pro-Ject Carbon debut turntable (om10) and Cambridge Audio 651p  with TeraDak Linear power supply 12vac
Location: Kensington Sydney or Campbelltown or can drop off to nearby area. 
Price: Turntable only ($250), Cambridge Audio 651p ($120), TeraDak LPS ($120)  
SOLD or whole set ($450  $360) 

Item Condition: Good and working condition with original boxes
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: 
Cash, Paypal, EFT
Extra Info: less than 10hrs cartridge use as I was using another cartridge after second week. Some scratches on the phono amp as seen on photos

IMG_20190426_131753.thumb.JPG.c280624e886027503e50ce1044628470.JPGIMG_20190426_131819.thumb.JPG.2e9abac0df5f38d2a499b43609b80bfd.JPGIMG_20190426_131845.thumb.JPG.3c217e7070ab13ebfeedcf8b389cba07.JPGIMG_20190426_131853.thumb.JPG.f9cb27f2bdc86ebcfa6d346278b65098.JPGIMG_20190426_131914.thumb.JPG.af73bdf99201405f10d06f67f879fa7e.JPG

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-03 at 12.06.42 PM.jpeg

Edited by bennyc
item sold

Hi mate, Im interested in the turntable and the preamp. I’ll send a PM.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By russell66
      Price: $350 Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Kardinya State: Western Australia Payment Method: Paypal Cash Bank Transfer Credit Card Reason for selling: NLR Further information: 
      Project RPM 1.3 Turntable and Ortofon 2M Red Cartridge

Excellent turntable, very good condition, If you're going to produce turntables at a good price as project do, then you need a good design, leave out what you don't need and focus on the parts that matter, and in my opinion Project do that great.

I am not the first owner but when i purchased it the previous owner had hardly used it and the same has been true for me, so the cartridge has had little use and appears to be in good condition when studied with a magnifier. Sorry for the close up it is next to useless. 

The Deck is designed to have a round belt (about $25 to replace) It has a flat belt at the moment which is perhaps not right for the motor but i prefer the way it sits on the platter. I can't locate the round one.

The cartridge is the Ortofon 2M Red MM, a really great cartridge.

The whole package sounds very good, the turntable itself would suit further upgrades to the cartridge, despite the hype around spending more on an arm or turntable.

I have the original box so postage should not be too difficult, it will be at your cost and risk. I would prefer local pick up for obvious reasons.

A personal opinion: I have had and compared many, many turntables over the years and in my experience the matching of the cartridge and phono stage is by far the most important part of getting a good sound. The arm comes next. The actual turntable is the least important part. I could offer so many examples of this. We likely would never put an expensive arm and cart on this deck because we would tell ourself that the price of the deck does not warrant it. If you did though the difference between this and something more expensive would be minimal. It's a turntable and by nature of the vinyl you put on it they are musical. 

• By Paul_B
      Price: $1500 Item Condition: Like new only used about 20 hours. Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Cheltenham State: Victoria Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Bank Deposit  Reason for selling: Moving to QLD and need to shrink the hifi equipment. Extra Info:
       I have moved to Qld but the turntable is stored in Cheltenham with a friend. Pickup is preferred but I do have original packaging so can ship. 

The cartridge was professionally fitted at The Audio Experts in Melbourne. 

https://www.projectaudio.com.au/products/2xperience-sb-turntable

https://absolutehiend.com/index.php/brands/benz-micro/cartridges/benz-micro-glider-sl-phono-cartridge.html

Photos: 

• By anthony vinyl
      Item: Micro Seiki BL 91 turntable with SME 309 tonearm
      Price: 3400
      Item Condition: very good
      Reason for selling: a very reluctant sale but want funds for another project  . 
      Payment Method: cash ,  PayPal +% , transfer
      Extra Info: a very special combo. the SME 309 should need no introduction - see online reviews. superb in styling and a breeze to use.   the micro seiki is simply a beautiful turntable both in form and function.  from vinyl engine specs site it
      "Features a massive, thick, 12.2 inch platter, employing special alloy bearings machined and polished with techniques usually reserved for turbojet engines.
      Micro Seiki engineers devised an exclusive oil-bath damping system to support the entire rotating assembly in complete isolation from all mechanical resonances.
      A precision-ground drive belt connects the rotating assembly to the brushless, servo-controlled motor with total isolation from motor generated vibration.
      In fact, the BL-91 (L) is probably the smoothest, most vibration-free device of its kind ever built. the plinth is multi-laminar natural wood finished with hand rubbed natural ebony... 16 kg"
      all original handbooks for SME and micro seiki. . please note the benz cart is NOT included in sale price .  please also see blemish on tonearm where it sits in holder ( common )and blemish on plinth. also the wire connectors on the tonearm head shell to cartridge have shabby insulation that is unnoticeable from above and does not affect performance. would prefer a pickup but will consider postage. preference for pickup.  will consider seperating - although the unit is functionally and aesthetically outstanding as it is. . 

• By MGO
      Item: Technics Direct Drive Turntable SL Q2 Quartz
      Price:  Reduced to $195  $250  Prefer pick up
      Item Condition:  Very good for age
      Reason for selling:  Leaving vinyl
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD 

Excellent TT!  Sounds good doesn't miss a beat.
      Auto arm lift and return.  Very convenient, doesn't go round and round wearing the style.
      Hinges of perspex cover gone.
      Comes with Shure SC35C cartridge, cork mat and damping.
      Could pack and send but prefer pick up in Sydney 2036.

• By 81Vintage
      Item: Custom Rega Style Turntable, AudioMods Tonearm, IsoDrive PSU
      Price: $3300 Price Drop $2850 inc shipping Australia Wide, can do a little less if you can collect in person to save packing and freight.
      Item Condition: Excellent, Used
      Reason for selling: New Project/Custom Build
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

This is a complete custom build from the ground up based on a Rega P series design. Raw cost of materials and items was over $6000.

Plynth milled from single block of billet alloy on CNC router (around 15kg) Finished in red automotive paint Followed same dimmensions as a Rega P3 plynth. 5x Maglev feet (tried with 3, 4 and 5 configurations and 5 was the best) IsoKinetic IsoDrive Power Supply with 33/45 speed selection IsoKinetic 25mm Acrylic Platter IsoKinetic IsoSub Groovetracer Machined Subplatter IsoKinetic Phosphor Bronze Bearing Sleeve IsoKinetic Ruby Bearing + Spindle Oil (lifetime supply left in bottle) IsoKinetic Puck/Stabiliser IsoKinetic Red Thing Silicone Belt + Spare New One in Packet IsoKinetic MTB-D Motor Thrust Bearing + Motor Isolation Mod for Premotec Motor Premotec 50hz Synchronous Motor Audiomods Series 4 Tonearm with Series 5 bearing, lift and arm hold. Full VTA Adjustment - no VTA adjuster.  All original weights and headshell weights/spacers included to adjust to any cart. Custom Acrylic Dust Cover to accomodate arm height No cart included, but I did have an Ortofon MC25e on it and it was stunning.  
      *I have covered the hole bottom left corner where a power button would have gone if I didnt use the external motor PSU and controller with a samurai silver coin from WA mint. So the turntable is dubbed "The Samurai"

For interstate buyers, it will be professionally crated and foam lined for shipping with tonearm back in original transport box. Shipping Australia wide with insurance included.

For those that want to know where to from here - my next build will be in the similar vein...but using the MK6 Audiomods tonearm for primary, 200mm monster delrin platter,  ceramic bearing sleeve, larger billet plynth with 2 armboards for future arm addition and external motor and controller.
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.