Sign in to follow this  
Dave Top

Power Cables

I will not get into a discussion, heated or not about the quality of the post as it merely an observation and by putting it out there my knowledge increasing by the replies i get. My wife and I love good sounding music. It is a type of meditation.

On 04/12/2019 at 8:15 AM, Dave Top said:

I will not get into a discussion, heated or not about the quality of the post as it merely an observation and by putting it out there my knowledge increasing by the replies i get. My wife and I love good sounding music. It is a type of meditation.

What brand of power cable please?

@Dave Top, I hadn’t heard anyone say that the effect is bigger on digital equipment so that’s interesting.

I put in some good power cables (Nordost red dawn and blue heaven), but didn’t A/B them back to the old ones and I didn’t pick up a difference.

Speaker cables are the only cables I can remember thinking the difference was very obvious (Osborne cables replacing very basic cables). And a headphone cable, I think. 

You also mentioned that the picture was better? I remember @Snoopy8 saying a DC duffer improved his picture. 

11 minutes ago, Mike13 said:

You also mentioned that the picture was better? I remember @Snoopy8 saying a DC duffer improved his picture. 

A DC blocker did improve my plasma TV and more significantly, was noticed by the better half (who normally does not see and hear any improvement).  Using Holton for my stereo setup and one made by Mhouston (DC Duffer) for HT.

On 04/12/2019 at 11:15 AM, Dave Top said:

Dave,

Thank you for your observation which seems to be considered and reasonable.

Top of the range didn't suit you but hopefully does for others.

Never be shy of stating your opinions, as they as valid as anyone else's.

Unless they are contrary to mine of course.