Power Cables

I was an electrician with a background in electronics before retiring and was convinced that power cable upgrades did not make a difference to the sound quality from a  stereo system. This was until I tried one. Well low and behold it definitely made a difference to the sound quality from my stereo. What I did notice was that the power cable made no difference when used on my analogue equipment (main amp or pre-amp) buy made a substantial difference when used on my digital equipment such as my DAC. I tried a few different types from a Brisbane manufacturer and found that their top of the range was not as good as there mid-range power cable on my system. I definitely noticed this when I used it on my Marantz surround processor. The top of the range power cable killed the sound and I was convinced that my processor was faulty. I then plugged in the mid-range power cable and low and behold the sound was better then it had ever been and so was the picture.

Amazing how different power cables effect sound. I am now a convert when it comes to power cables.

The power cable I purchased was close to a third the price of a named brand I tried and was just as good.

• Like 2

You're new here so you're probably not aware of the history associated with power cord topics. This topic polarises people with them being firmly split down the middle, and unfortunately what people say here only incites heated debate that eventually leads to threads being shut down instead of meaningful discourse. Feel free to read one of the myriad of other threads on the topic. So it's nice to hear your experience, but don't expect meaningful discussion. So long as you're happy with your results, good for you.

• Like 4

And members sit back and eat metaphorical popcorn and await the next poor fool to enter a cable discussion, innocently or not.

Close the thread now on historical evidence Mods.

• Like 2

Guest Muon N'
1 minute ago, bob_m_54 said:

It was merely an observation of the quality of your post. Do you disagree?

My postamomitor shows it as average for total posts of all members.

Guest Muon N'
4 minutes ago, Yngvi said:

I clearly have nothing meaningful to contribute to this thread.

My humble apologies.

Don't sweat! nor apologise.

Your post was above my average postings :wub: