FS: Primaluna Dialogue Premium Pre-amplifier

Item: Primaluna Dialogue Premium Pre-amplifier
Price:
$2,600 (RRP $4,195)
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

Had a bit of technical issue on the last sale, so I dropped this to Pacific Hi-Fi for inspection, and apparently there was a bit of short circuit which has been repaired by them and given a clean bill of health. Can provide the receipt for 120 days of warranty from them.  

It's pretty hard for me to let this go, but rather than being unused it's probably better to have a new home. My power amp is using XLR/Balanced only connection so I had to use my other preamp. All tubes are standard stock primaluna tubes. It's going to be hard for you to get this quality gear at this price, it's almost half price from the RRP of $4,195.  I'm the 2nd owner.

The PrimaLuna brand has been making waves in the High end Audio industry for producing premium built products that perform to a standard well beyond their peers at the same price point. The PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Pre-Amp is a wonderfully detailed and warm sound with plenty of treble extension and air. The soundstage that this tube pre-amp presents is huge! This is an excellent valve pre-amp that is super quiet/low noise, a nice dash of the famous tube warmth all with fabulous frequency extension both in lowest bass power and highest, airiest treble. Featuring dual pre-outs, Home Theatre bypass functionality and an awesome sound here is your chance to save a bundle.

http://www.primaluna-usa.com/dialogue-premium-preamplifier

Review:

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

Primaluna-Dialogue-Preamp-1.jpg

Primaluna-Dialogue-Preamp-2.jpg

just noticed you have a few Parasound amps there, Im currently in the process of changing everything.

At the moment I have maggie 1.7, 2x A21 parasound, Audio research LS17se.

A friend has given me a pair of harbeth SHL5+ to listen to but the treble is a bit harsh for my liking although they are beautiful and you can hear every bit of information from a cd, I have been trying  to borrow a Primaluna to see if I can tame that treble a bit.

Also I have recently listened to a pair of Focal 1008be which sound delightful, lots of energy so not sure what to do yet!!!!

What does the Prima luna sound like in comparison to the Parasounds ?

Hi motorsportmatt

My primaluna is preamp, not a poweramp so I'm not sure if i can give you an apple to apple comparison. My parasound amps are solid state so the high freq are more present and detailed. Primaluna is more about warmth and musicality in the sound. You will have less ear fatigue listening to a tube gear for a long listening sessions.