bryansamui

Smart TV to 2 Channel Tube Amp Connection

I know this will be covered somewhere , but it is killing me to find what I need to know Sorry.  Want to Connect Smart TV to RCA Based preamp  via my outboard DAC...

I have an HMDI (ARC) output  on the TV... Is it simply a matter of buying a HMDI  to RCA cable and 

connecting  the HMDI (TV ) to the RCA  Inputs on my  METRUM DAC.?.....  There is a Toslink  socket on both the TV and the Outboard Dac but the Metrum Dac Toslink is already being used , fed by another source....  I figure I can change sources by using the Toggle on the front of the  Dac (Coax or toslink)  Using the Coax setting on the   Dac  when  using the TV

I see you can buy what they market as "Audio Extractors " online $29.95 for HMDI Sources... Are these just Cheap Dacs?  or do I need one ?

Surely My  Metrum Dac  can decode  the HMDI  Signal with an HMDI to RCA lead.

Please Help.

Cheers.

There was a discussion on this on AK recently, which seemed to have some good replies that may be helpful:

AUDIOKARMA.ORG

I'm trying to buy a new t.v. but see that most aren't equipped with rca outs to run sound on my vintage receiver. It looks like the...

Thanks audiofeline for that link... Much Appreciated... It still "dances around my question somewhat.. What I got from that was ; I could use the TOSLINK out of the TV to the TOSLINK in  on my Dac..  I could do it that way but not ideal as I would have 2 Sources sharing the Toslink In  on the Dac (Swapping cables all the Time.

I want to Utilise the 2 RCA's on the Dac  ..  Do I need a " 2nd   audio converter"  to ultilise the TV HMDI Out..     Or Maybe a Toslink to RCA Lead if there is such a thing to go 'Toslink out of TV to RCA in  to mt Metrum Dac.  

This should work shouldn't  it? . A friend at work showed me this a minute ago.. Dual Port Toslink adaptor.. Acommodate 2 Toslink sources  into my single Toslink equipped Dac ? Yes? No?

20191129_102017.jpg