Windows 10 Free Player w Integrated Tidal ?

Hi there team,

Looking for some advice (for a friend) running Windows 10, looking for a Tidal-integrated player that supports MQA.

He was originally using Audirvana but the trial has ended, the Tidal desktop app is a little lacking comparatively. 

Are there any free players out there that have Tidal integration, and also support MQA? 

Just looking for some options to test out against the Tidal-app, while he waits for paycheck to secure Audirvana!

Thanks as always all,

David

Guest Muon N'

Foobar 2000, can support MQA and DSD through plugins.

Tidal via a plugin also I think, google for the plugins and configuring, the question is do you want to.

WWW.FOOBAR2000.ORG

foobar2000

“What are the best Android music player apps?” foobar2000 is ranked 3rd while TIDAL is ranked 26th

WWW.SLANT.CO

Comparison of foobar2000 vs TIDAL detailed comparison as of 2019 and their Pros/Cons

http://www.pureaudiolab.com/assets/files/Configuring Foobar2000 For DSD and MQA Playback V1.0.pdf

Edited by Muon N'
15 hours ago, Muon N' said:

Foobar 2000, can support MQA and DSD through plugins.

Tidal via a plugin also I think, google for the plugins and configuring, the question is do you want to.

Thanks for the advice Muon. We were able to get DSD playback going via the plugin, but Tidal seems like a pipedream haha. Have you seen an easy step-by-step to get it going? Neither of us are truly computer-literate.

Guest Muon N'
3 hours ago, mm.pulp said:

Thanks for the advice Muon. We were able to get DSD playback going via the plugin, but Tidal seems like a pipedream haha. Have you seen an easy step-by-step to get it going? Neither of us are truly computer-literate.

Can't help with tidal, sorry. I only got what I did via google and used to personally favor Foobar for PC playback of files, I'm computer literate but am not into streaming and use a modified old CD Player for a front end.

There should be others here that can help.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jasonuy
      Hello Friends,
      I have just bought a Soundbar and connected it to Windows 10 pc.  How to enable the loudness equalization on pc? Can anyone guide me please.
    • By deannepal
      I am a new user to Tidal and want to know if you can search for and then stream music of specific quality via the phone App or via any other control device.

For example only music of "HiFi" or "High" quality. I have an account that allows me to stream MQA etc.

I  understand you can select an upper limit for streaming via Wifi or Cellular and search for only MQA  quality music but could you search for only CD quality music (HiFi) or 320kbps (High) and then stream it only at this quality.

On some playlists that have been automatically created by Tidal the music quality has been from MQA all the way down to Normal which is thin sounding and I would prefer to be able to filter it out automatically or set a lower cut off level for the quality.

I believe Tidal will also down-sample music to your upper limit that you have set when streaming. i.e. streaming MQA or HiFi quality with streaming quality set to "High" would down sample it to compressed 320kbps MP3 when wanting to save data and/or using inferior ear-buds etc.

Thanks in advance,

Dean
    • By spottie
      Just received this offer when checking my facebook today. On my phone it says Tidal HiFi $4 for 3 months, so my understanding is that instead of paying $72 you only pay $4. Probably for those who want to try out Tidal. T&Cs apply as usual so do check them.

*Offer for new users only.  Not available in all regions. Total discount varies per region and depends on the plan you choose. Your TIDAL subscription will begin immediately, and your payment method will be charged the promotional amount. After the promotional period expires, your subscription will automatically renew at the standard monthly rate for your region and chosen plan.

• By Little_Joe
      Hello there,

Some of you may remember my journey into buying a 2 channel system. I'm very happy with my purchase, however, I'm just wondering if any of you have any experience in using cheap USB DACs. 

As part of my Primare NP5 streamer purchase I was gifted a free three-month trial for Tidal Hi-Fi (thanks @gwurbfor bringing this to my attention). When streaming via Chromecast and Apple Airplay through the NP5 I am unable to stream Master quality (this isn't a bad thing as Hi-Fi quality is still sounding good and is better than the quality through Spotify). However, should I want to listen to Master quality albums on my MacBook through my Audiolab 6000a, what is the best way of doing this without paying too much. 

I was going to buy a 3.5mm to Toslink cable but then found out that my version of Mac no longer has analog/optical audio out through the headphone port (good ol' Apple). And I don't think my Galaxy Note 9 can do this through its headphone port.  I have been looking online and it looks like I could potentially run a USB - S/PDIF from my Mac to the amp. I'm assuming I can pass audio from my Mac to the amp this way.  If so, I've found the following device and was wondering if anyone here has used it before and if so will it achieve wha ti want it to?  Or are there other cheap alternatives out there? 

Signstek HIFI USB to Coaxial S/PDIF Converter Convert Digital to Analogue Signal Mini USB DAC PCM

If I were to use this one would the DAC in my amp be used for the audio and not the DAC in the device? 

The other alternative is to get a jack to RCA cable and plug my Note 9 to the amp that way. I'm guessing this would affect the quality of the music, or am I wrong here? 

Many thanks 

• By progladyte
      Hi guys,

I am in the process of updating my music collection and wish to get MS File Explorer to display a series of columns for every music title I have on file.

I need:
      Artist
      Album Title
      Genre
      Date Of Release
      Bit Rate
      Length

(I also wish to include whether a file is an MP3 or Flac file apart from the bit rate column which I assume is only applicable to MP3s)

I know how to add columns for each album singularly but I don't have the time to do this manually for many thousands of files.

Does any techie know how to get Microsoft to globally display all these details for each album title automatically.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Cheers

Prog