Sign in to follow this  
sir sanders zingmore

NBN recommendation

1 minute ago, audiofeline said:

Thanks for the clarification.  I was hoping this wouldn't be the case, but my knowledge isn't extensive on this.  Does this give me any course of action to rectify this situation with TPG? I'm locked into them for 18months.

I would certainly be complaining load and long, and escalating if they do not supply the contracted bandwidth.  Did they make a statement as to the expected speed, especially in peak times?  Hold them to it if they did.  In any event, 11 is terrible for a 50 MBPS plan.  

Just now, aussievintage said:

I would certainly be complaining load and long, and escalating if they do not supply the contracted bandwidth.  Did they make a statement as to the expected speed, especially in peak times?  Hold them to it if they did.  In any event, 11 is terrible for a 50 MBPS plan.  

Thanks, I will follow up with them.  I don't recall them giving peak speed expectations, they covered so much info over the phone.  They did speak of a waiver, but my understanding is such waivers do not have any legality. 

From  https://www.canstarblue.com.au/internet/tpg-nbn-plans/

NBN Speeds: Basic Evening Speed (typical evening speed: 10Mbps), Standard Plus Evening Speed (typical evening speed: 42.7Mbps) and Premium Evening Speed (typical evening speed: 71.4Mbps) NBN plans are available.

Looks like they claim you should be getting 42.7

Edited by aussievintage

Thanks for this info,  I have just done a speed test (8.51pm) and am getting 8.1. 

Another vote here for Aussiebroadband...have been with them for over a year, had less than an hours down time.  I'm on a 100/40 plan and rarely if EVER drop below a 95/35 speedtest.  Highly recommend them indeed.  They always advise you via sms or email when their *might be an outage and its generally only 30 minutes btn midnight and 6am...very happy with them indeed.

7 hours ago, IAMGORT said:

Another vote here for Aussiebroadband...have been with them for over a year, had less than an hours down time.  I'm on a 100/40 plan and rarely if EVER drop below a 95/35 speedtest.  Highly recommend them indeed.  They always advise you via sms or email when their *might be an outage and its generally only 30 minutes btn midnight and 6am...very happy with them indeed.

Been with ABB for 2 weeks,  for one of which we have had no internet.  We are now being hamstrung by NBNCo fixing the damned problem; the test for ABB  is how well the deal with the wholesaler, since we can't.

On 01/02/2020 at 7:09 PM, aussievintage said:

Why?  Morelikely TPG have not purchased sufficient bandwidth to cope with the load

On 26/01/2020 at 2:13 PM, Snoopy8 said:

Am due for NBN end of March and the letters from various ISPs are just starting to come in.  Been investigating ABB and came across this  CVC graphs

https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/cvc-graphs/

Has anyone used Connectivity Virtual Circuit (CVC) graphs to determine which ISP to go with?  How many ISPs publish this?  

I posted the above which shows how much capacity ABB have bought by location. Location is important because you can find out what it will be like for your home and not have to rely the average national speeds.

It looks like ABB are the only ones who publish them.  TPG and others would not dare publish theirs! 

On 01/02/2020 at 7:11 PM, audiofeline said:

Thanks for the clarification.  I was hoping this wouldn't be the case, but my knowledge isn't extensive on this.  Does this give me any course of action to rectify this situation with TPG? I'm locked into them for 18months.

Sorry to hear your problems.  Complain to the watchdog

https://www.acma.gov.au/if-you-have-problem-nbn

On 01/02/2020 at 6:51 PM, audiofeline said:

And [TPG] speeds?  We selected the middle-band plan.  Measured 43.7mbs download and 19 upload (quite satisfactory).  Tried watching Netflix in the evening (was anticipating high-def resolution and flawless playback), and gave up on the movie due to long pauses to download the content.  Checked the download speed, decreased from >40mbps in the afternoon to 11mbps in the evening.  Not happy, but am assuming this is due to to the crap implementation of the nbn that politicians pushed for, rather than TPG's fault.  By midnight the bandwith returned to ~40mbs.

An update.  We experienced these very slow speeds on the first Friday and Saturday of being connected to the NBN.  Contacted them on the Sunday, and speeds were OK, and they said to call them when experiencing the slow speed.  It's been a few weeks, and our evening speeds have consistently been >40mbs. 

So I don't know if the slow speeds were due to an outage (and the modem they gave us reverting to 2G network), or if it was because the installation was still being completed, or if TPG quietly fixed an error without admitting there was a problem. 

Whatever occurred, since then have been consistently been getting the appropriate speeds and enjoying a internet speeds that we should have been experiencing at least a decade ago. 

Thanks to all who have given input.

Pressure Assist Toilets are designed to clean and clear the waste on you toilets. But which brand offers this kind of toilet and which one to choose. You can take a look at this Best Pressure Assist Toilet Review https://bestflushingtoilet.org/best-pressure-assist-toilet-reviews/ to know the detailed explanation about this.

Edited by Octothorpe