Sign in to follow this  
Noctis

JVC-X35 Projector

Item: JVC-X35 Projector
Price: $1150
Item Condition: Very good, no problem at all, everything is in working order, however there're some notes (see extra info).
Reason for selling: upgrading to 4K
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal as Friend, COD Only
Extra Info: 587 hours on first lamp, 2nd owner. It was having an easy life in the first owner's home theater room. It was setup by an AV Installer with custom mount (2 big heavy acrylics as in photos) which he gave to me when I bought the projector. However as it was ceiling mount, the 4 feet have been removed (for the mounting holes) and he misplaced them. Also it's missing the front plastic lens cap. Both of them have absolutely zero effect on the picture quality. You can buy a new mount or reuse the acrylic custom mount (I'm not and don't know how to use them) or have it upside down on a shelf like me.

Happy to demo and answer any questions but for serious buyer only. Please do research on the specs/review beforehand.

Pick up only as I don't have original box.

Photos: 

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191127221949425_COVER.thumb.jpg.261fb53aef912a2e2c864cb678813656.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20191127221651876_COVER.thumb.jpg.d1f937ac6aec81df39c25737bf02e53e.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20191127222003540_COVER.thumb.jpg.84febdef92c4815933987f1c877c2c59.jpg

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191127221856652_COVER.thumb.jpg.1c8f7f76fe4a0e360c30859db11eccd7.jpg

IMG_20191127_221604.thumb.jpg.5a17fd28521c41c7fc49661a00db12c2.jpg

IMG_20191127_222332.thumb.jpg.1992500fcc1f89042df2d0dcf9624cee.jpg

IMG_20191125_210633.thumb.jpg.1ea0bc01170a99e09f891398c08b9aec.jpg

IMG_20191126_225408.thumb.jpg.048f0267270535490d4ac569d214571e.jpg

Edited by Noctis
more photos and price adjusted

Brilliant projector for chump change!

Easy to mount these with a bracket, no biggie missing the feet.

Lots of suitable mounts available, I bought one for my X35 no problem and not expensive. 

Edited by evil c

Thanks @evil c the feets must be removed to fit the mount anyway.

I have lower the price a bit for that and uploaded new photos.

Bargain price. GLWS.

That's Mark Techers old projector station setup, talk about a blast from the past!

@CAVX

CAVX.YOLASITE.COM

5 minutes ago, oztheatre said:

Bargain price. GLWS.

That's Mark Techers old projector station setup, talk about a blast from the past!

@CAVX

CAVX.YOLASITE.COM

good pickup :)looks like rack itself was worth about a $1k :) and doesnt need the feet if used....presuming the op has all the bits and selling them as well to put together :) 

@betty boop when i got it from the 1st buyer, he already taken it down, the projector was attached to the bigger acrylic one through 4 bolts and ton of washers (very low tech considering the value of the projectors!!) which I still have. I have no idea how the smaller piece connect with the bigger piece and how the whole thing attached to the ceiling though. They are very heavy, it's 10mm thick acrylic.

Just now, Noctis said:

@betty boop when i got it from the 1st buyer, he already taken it down, the projector was attached to the bigger acrylic one through 4 bolts and ton of washers (very low tech considering the value of the projectors!!) which I still have. I have no idea how the smaller piece connect with the bigger piece and how the whole thing attached to the ceiling though. They are very heavy, it's 10mm thick acrylic.

hi noctis, follow the link oztheatre posted above... looking at it... looks pretty self explanatory. am sure any prospective buyer could contact mark techer, though some years on he could talk through the ins and out of how that mount worked :) 

ps as a heads up with regards value off the projectors ... you have to remember the x35 did cost quite a bit as its full price when first released. realise now selling at a small fraction now 2nd hand :)  even the humble epson shown in the mark techer cavx web page was some $4k projector and these things are heavy enough you need a decent mount. most decent projectors now days you need a decent mount to do justice. considering the heft of these things will have hanging off the ceiling and what is realistically needed to aligned and adjust so lines up properly and squarely with the screen.

Manage to dig out an old image that the 1st owner sent to me. Looks like he's not using the smaller piece but attach the projector to the bigger piece and then to the ceiling. Hard to tell though as the photo is too dark.

abc.jpg

Edited by Noctis

Deposit taken. On hold until fully paid and pickup.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tomwu
      Item: Christie HD3 1080p 3DLP with Xenon bulb
      Price: 2500
      Item Condition: 7/10 (lens small chips, some tiny dots on the projector body as per photos)
      Reason for selling: Upgraded to a brighter model (HD6K)
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      This is a rare opportunity to have such a great projector, way way way better than those sub-10 thousand 4K consumer ones. It is a huge sized projector, weight 34kg without lens and the lens is another 5 or more kgs. RRP around $50000 USD for the projector and $6000 for the lens! It's over 100,000 AUD totally when it was new.

https://www.christiedigital.com/en-us/3d/products-and-solutions/projectors/mirage-HD3-3D-Stereoscopic-Projector

Selling due to I find a 6000lm HD6K is better fit for my 175 inch screen. Although when use this HD3 for 175 inches, the image, the brightness is already way better than any consumer projector, I feel it will be perfect for 150 inch or so.

It use 3DLP chips, it's 3X0.95 inch DLP chips. Now a days new 4K DLP projectors are using single 0.47 inch (physical resolution 1080p, yet shift to 4K) and 0.66 inch (premium models with 25XX resolution shift to 4K). So it's like consumer cheap camera VS professional DSLR, even consumer ones got more pixels, it can not compare with professional DSLR with prime lens. With 3DLP chips, there's no color wheels so no rainbow effects.
      The lens is a fixed 1.1:1 (HD) short through lens which can do 150 inches with 4M distance. The lens is massive and very heavy. It has some chips yet there's no visible impact to the image. I have another same model lens without any chip yet can't tell difference when I swap lens.

It's using 500W Xenon bulb. Which Xenon ones have best spectrum that close to sunlight. So it's not like other UHT lamp or LED or laser that certain color is weaker on spectrum that you need to calibrate the project to have accurate color while it's a lot dim than advertised. Xenon bulb projectors has no such issues and color is the best even better than latest top end LED/laser projectors.

The projector is around 3290 hours and lamp is 495 hours (1500hours life, if you adjust to lower power such as 350 or 400W, the bulb will have longer life)

Pros:
      Best color I've ever seen! Very rich, dynamic image. It's not like lots of 4K projectors that the image is 'flat'. This one the image gives you 3D feels. It's like a highend plasma VS  cheap LCD TV. The color, the brightness is better than movie theaters. Great contrast Crystal clear. Resolution wise it's not 4K, yet I guarantee you'll find it's more 'clear' than normal 4K projectors Very bright, best on a 133-150 inch and will still be good on 180 inch screens. Massive sized short throw lens gives you chance to project very large image. (1.1:1 lens) It supports 3D, yet it's frame to frame 3D format that you'll need to have some other video processor to convert from generic BluRay. Yet I've heard someone did it and find the 3D is way way way better than any other projector or the cinemas.  
      Cons:
      Very loud - fan noise around 60DB. Better to build a 'hush box' (which I'll build one in near future). However for the image quality, I can bear with the noise actually. 500W Xenon bulb - can adjust between 350W to 500W yet it use more electricity than normal projectors. Lens got some chips, however there's no visible impact to the image. Xenon bulb is expensive.  
      This projector is for enthusiasts, for those who really want to be moved by the image, and can live with the cons come with the projector.

Photos: Photos can not justify how great the image is as my camera is not good enough to have grey levels to show all the details. 

• By EdgyGrimDark
      Item: FiiO Fa7
      Price: $200
      Item Condition: 9/10 like new
      Reason for selling: no longer used
      Extra Info: missing mmcx cable, cat used it as a chew toy. Decided Instead of replacing the cable to sell instead and put the money towards my other hobbies.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Tom Z
      Item: Astell & Kern AK300 DAP
      Price: Paid $1299, asking $650 + shipping firm
      Item Condition: Brand new
      Reason for selling: Not used
      Extra Info:
      Up for sale is this new/unused AK300 which I bought from Addicted to Audio in Aug, 2016. I had the intention of using this player with a pair or Campfire Audio Andromeda IEM's, but found it more convenient to use my Iphone with my busy lifestyle. Hence this unit and & the Andromeda iem's have just been sitting in their boxes unused since. I auditioned a demo AK300 and Andromeda IEM's extensively at ATA and they proved to be a good combo. The AK300 has good resolution and is on the warm side, whilst the Andromeda iem's are neutral, natural and airy.

Link to product information - https://www.astellnkern.com/eng/content/shop/features.asp?mcg=CG110000&mpos=0&scg=CG210240&spos=4&tcg=&tpos=0&dpos=1&gcode=SC10780

A note about shipping:  

I will ship this item double boxed via Australia Post Express Post with Signature on delivery, or local pickup is welcome. If paying via Paypal, the buyer pays the Paypal fee which is 2.6% + 0.30c for domestic transactions. I will also make a 2% donation to the Bushfire Appeal on completion of the sale. All original items are included with the unit.  Any questions, just ask.

• By andrewp
      Item: Aurender N10
      Price: 6000AU plus delivery
      Item Condition:mint
      Reason for selling:NLR
      Extra Info:
       Relist. Lots of reviews on line about this machine. 
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By RobbC
      Item: Rotel Michi RHB-10 amp
      Price: $1,100 plus packaging / postage (if required)
      Item Condition: 7/10 - conservative rating due to the marks.  Performance is terrific.
      Reason for selling:  upgrade (i hope)
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash or EFT
      Extra Info:

This Michi amp is unfortunately not in perfect condition - it has marks from previous owners.  I have rated them conservatively and tried to capture any marks in the photos below.  That said the blemishes are not visible from seating distance and still look like the classy wood cheek components they are.  

The history I know, I purchase these off Trevor Lee in 2012 since then it has been my main amp.  Having said my work takes me out of town a lot so it realistically has been a low use amp since 2012.

It was serviced by AvDigitech in 2015 and given a clean bill of health.  Greenwagon also replaced the rca connectors about 18 months ago.  

This Michi certainly held its own against a mates very nice Pass pre/power setup driving my Dunlavy's - in fact I think we were both surprised how well they held their own. 

Plenty of love and great opinions about the Michi line here on SNA.  This one has most certainly served me well but you can't keep them all.  I know the new owner will have plenty of enjoyable listening hours.

I do not have the original packaging but I can source some and package it securely for postage / courier.

Donation to SNA upon sale of course.

Matching Rotel Michi CD player also available if interested.

Photos: