SOLD: Dynavector DV-501 Tonearm

SOLD

Item: Dynavector DV-501 High End Tonearm
Price: $1175
Item Condition: Very Good
Reason for selling: downsizing analog section
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Direct Deposit
Extra Info: 

The Dynavector DV-501 tonearm is one of the most famous and sought-after arms in the world. It gives any cartridge an advantage in separation & tracking stability, but will of course do its best work with high quality MC cartridges. It comes with one counterweight, which I've found suits the cartridges I've used in recent years: Supex SD-900 IV, various Audio Technica MC carts, the old Sumiko Blue Point, and assorted Dynavector MC models. Others can be sourced by the buyer. It also has the anti-skate counterweight, and arm lift mechanism.

As far as I and many others are concerned the Dynavector arms are simply the best! I have used a 505 in the past and this very similar 501 more recently, and the performance is superb.

The bi-radial design has the ideal mix of stability (left-to-right) from the massive main arm, plus the lightness of touch and sure-footed-ness of the sub-arm. The current model 507 looks fairly similar and costs about $8-9k. 

Secondhand examples of the 505 will usually cost approx. $2k. The 501 is intended for turntables for which the 505 is too heavy, with its large direct mount-to-surface foot - this one it has a lighter mounting system, a more conventional one! It just needs about a 30mm hole and sufficient depth in the plinth. I tend to think it's best used on a solid plinth rather than a floating sub-chassis type, but I'm told it was a variant used by some with Linn LP12. 

I have been downsizing my LP collection and can't justify continuing with the Number One setup that I've been using for about ten years. I have three turntables at present and will soldier on with something lesser but listenable.

Delivery: ask me about this. It's a piece of fine engineering and I'm a bit nervous about sending it by post or courier, but we can come to some arrangement about that.

(If you're in the Sydney area things might be a lot easier.)

Also: I do travel down to Goulburn fairly often these days as well, and will have reason to visit Yass and Canberra some times.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

DSC_6616.JPG

DSC_6611.JPG

DSC_6617.JPG

DSC_6618.JPG

DSC_6610.JPG

• Like 2

Soooo tempted, but the effective length at 241mm is a bit too long for my Rock or Luxman.

I could make up a new arm board for both though..... Arghhh.

Wanted a DV arm for so long.

I am in Adelaide so maybe not easy for you.

Edited by Batty
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Batty said:

Wanted a DV arm for so long.

Don't despair Batty. Making arm boards isn't that hard. In fact, (pay attention prospective buyers!) I have a very solid DIY arm board that suits a lovely old Technics SL110/SL1100 turntable that I can include in the sale for free. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spinnergeoff said:

This ad will stay up until Christmas if not sold before. However if not sold it will prove that high end is in a coma.

I totally agree with you , bargains galore Inc. This one and no buyers.

Legendary arms, the DVs !

Guest palexsia
On 04/12/2019 at 8:45 AM, Spinnergeoff said:

This ad will stay up until Christmas if not sold before. However if not sold it will prove that high end is in a coma.

98% high end is sold somewhere else . Australia market are so tiny , so difficult to sell high end unless very very cheap compare to japan or USA .

I am going to chat with Mrs B and see if we can afford this (we are saving to go to Singapore in Feb, but travel and room are paid for already).

Would you be willing to ship to Adelaide at my cost?

Edited by Batty
  • Like 1