musicbee

Tekton Double Impact

Hi all, 

I am in the market for some new floor standers. 

I have been considering a number of speakers from Tekton, one being the Tekton Double Impact.

By all accounts the speaker produces amazing midrange (due to its unique tweeter midrange point source array), its also appealing the speaker can deliver amazing and well weighted bass response. 

The speaker also presents a nominal 4 ohm load and is highly efficient which are bonuses (8ohm option available for tube amplifiers).

WWW.TEKTONDESIGN.COM

< Back to All Products

It would be great to hear from actual owners of these speakers, regarding: 

- Performance

- Subjective quality 

- Process of importing and costs involved 

- Amplifier pairings 

I know these speakers polarise, so I am hoping to hear from actual owners, and not people with opinions relating to their looks, or the effectiveness of the tweeter array etc.

Thanks 

Steve 

5 hours ago, musicbee said:

Hi all, 

I am in the market for some new floor standers. 

I have been considering a number of speakers from Tekton, one being the Tekton Double Impact.

By all accounts the speaker produces amazing midrange (due to its unique tweeter midrange point source array), its also appealing the speaker can deliver amazing and well weighted bass response. 

The speaker also presents a nominal 4 ohm load and is highly efficient which are bonuses (8ohm option available for tube amplifiers).

WWW.TEKTONDESIGN.COM

< Back to All Products

It would be great to hear from actual owners of these speakers, regarding: 

- Performance

- Subjective quality 

- Process of importing and costs involved 

- Amplifier pairings 

I know these speakers polarise, so I am hoping to hear from actual owners, and not people with opinions relating to their looks, or the effectiveness of the tweeter array etc.

Thanks 

Steve 

Someone emailed me with these questions and I will post my reply here:

I think the biggest thing with the Tekton was they portray vocals so naturally. They are quite dynamic speakers too.

I had some nice speakers before known for their midrange before these Tektons. They were great but lacking a bit in the bass for my largish room just under 8m x 5m.

Also think the Tekton's might capture the midrange a bit better.

Have had Magnepalnar 1.7 speakers and they were great but seemed to lack a bit of body to the music.

I have owned lots of other speakers but with different electronics (you could say) different times of my audio journey.

I have had 3 different models of Tekton speakers amonst many many others over the years, which I am finding more to my preference. Previous models where enjoyable but lacked a little something, so always moved them on after a while. Now with the DI's, I think I have found my Speaker for the time being. I have had them for over 2 years so far.

I have found the DI's the be one of most natural sounding speakers I have owned.

When ordering I just paid Tekton the speaker price and the freight charge and let Tekton do all the freight. They used DB Schenker Australia.

Tekton I think charged me around $350 to $400US freight back then. But that was a while ago and freight seems to have gone up these days. (I would be interested to know what they quote you now as if I  ever need to order anymore 🙂

Just had to drop out to a warehouse of Schenker Australia in high wycombe to pick them up as I don't think they offered a delivery to the door?. Not sure if they have a warehouse near you?

Customs called the day before delivery to Schenker Warehouse and I think I paid around $500AU over the phone for Customs & Duties.

I made a time about 5 days later with the Warehouse and went there and loaded them into my Station Wagon. A friend helped me at home to unload and setup.

I did call Tekton at the time and discussed buying the speakers and the freight info. PH: 0011 + 1 + 801-836 0764 for Utah and spoke to Eric & Daniel

The build quality of the speakers, I would put them in a category of seeming like they were built like a DIY speaker.

To me they are more function over form and exactly where I prefer the money spent to be.

Used a wide verity of amps, preamps, dacs, turntables and all worked well with them. If anything they were a great speaker to hear subtle differences as I changed tings around.

Edited by rocky500

2 hours ago, rocky500 said:

Someone emailed me with these questions and I will post my reply here:

I think the biggest thing with the Tekton was they portray vocals so naturally. They are quite dynamic speakers too.

I had some nice speakers before known for their midrange before these Tektons. They were great but lacking a bit in the bass for my largish room just under 8m x 5m.

Also think the Tekton's might capture the midrange a bit better.

Have had Magnepalnar 1.7 speakers and they were great but seemed to lack a bit of body to the music.

I have owned lots of other speakers but with different electronics (you could say) different times of my audio journey.

I have had 3 different models of Tekton speakers amonst many many others over the years, which I am finding more to my preference. Previous models where enjoyable but lacked a little something, so always moved them on after a while. Now with the DI's, I think I have found my Speaker for the time being. I have had them for over 2 years so far.

I have found the DI's the be one of most natural sounding speakers I have owned.

When ordering I just paid Tekton the speaker price and the freight charge and let Tekton do all the freight. They used Schenker Australia.

Tekton I think charged me around $350 to $400US freight back then. But that was a while ago and freight seems to have gone up these days. (I would be interested to know what they quote you now as if I  ever need to order anymore 🙂

Just had to drop out to a warehouse of Schenker Australia in high wycombe to pick them up as I don't think they offered a delivery to the door?. Not sure if they have a warehouse near you?

Customs called the day before delivery to Schenker Warehouse and I think I paid around $500AU over the phone for Customs & Duties.

I made a time about 5 days later with the Warehouse and went there and loaded them into my Station Wagon. A friend helped me at home to unload and setup.

I did call Tekton at the time and discussed buying the speakers and the freight info. PH: 0011 + 1 + 801-836 0764 for Utah and spoke to Eric & Daniel

The build quality of the speakers, I would put them in a category of seeming like they were built like a DIY speaker.

To me they are more function over form and exactly where I prefer the money spent to be.

Used a wide verity of amps, preamps, dacs, turntables and all worked well with them. If anything they were a great speaker to hear subtle differences as I changed tings around.

Thanks so much for the reply. 

I really appreciate your time. 

To me the DI look like a pretty amazing speaker deal, considering large format speakers that are efficient and can move lots of air are becoming few and far between these days.  
Call me crazing, but I am actually looking to use these in a small bedroom, converted to a music room. 

Circa 3m x 3.6m. 

I currently run a pair of vintage Phillips speakers, which run Vifa 12inch woofers, and Phillips AD 02110 / SQ8 mid and AD11600 tweeters with good results.

If you are looking to sell, let me know.