Sign in to follow this  
simon12345

FS: LORPEN AUDIO OPEN BAFFLE SPEAKERS EXCELLENT

Item: LORPEN AUDIO OPEN BAFFLE SPEAKERS
Price: $1,200 ONO
Item Condition:MINT
Reason for selling:NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only CAN NOT FREIGHT
Extra Info:there is nothing on the net about these speakers. if your going to DIY open baffle speakers don't bother buy these, they are beautifully made about year 2000 they cost back then $3,500 equivalent today $5,000.8" closed woofer for bass then 4 x 6" plus tweeter open baffle design. these remind me of electrostatic speakers with wide open sound. i say these are audiophile and worth a listen come check them out..they are really well made beautiful Finnish even some woodgrain on the  sides.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_0158 2.jpeg

IMG_0159.jpeg

IMG_0160.jpeg

IMG_0161.jpeg

I listened to Lorpen's larger models back in the day and they sounded great. They had cement baffles as I recall. I haven't seen a pair since and I'm not sure if Lorpen ever made it into full retail mode but they did seem to be a well implemented design - if perhaps not as commercial as it could have been due to their weight. Nice to see a pair again. 😎 GLWTS

The open baffle speaker concept is something every audiophile should experience at some stage. I haven't heard these particular speakers but if they are anything like my own Spatial Holograms, a potential buyer should have a listen (if possible).

Good luck with your sale.

I have heard these

They are great speakers GLWTS

7 hours ago, simon12345 said:

Extra Info:there is nothing on the net about these speakers.

Practice Googling, you must!

http://www.melbourneaudioclub.org.au/gm1998.htm (search page for “Lorpen” - apparently Garth Pennington was the chap behind Lorpen)

http://db.audioasylum.com/mhtml/m.html?forum=speakers&n=5270&highlight=open+baffle+speakers&r=&search_url=/cgi/search.mpl (includes old web address)

https://web.archive.org/web/20011202032109/http://www.chariot.net.au/~pennington/index.htm (using the old web address, there’s a capture in the Internet Archive - hurrah!)

So, which model do you reckon these are?

thanks for your googling the last address was the best with more information than ever well these are the HP3 MODEL WITH FOCAL TWEETERS 

Is it possible to see through (maybe with a torch) or remove the grill to determine the state of the aerogel drivers? The flash photo at the top makes it look like it may be possible - at least to an extent. 

hi thanks for your query, look i know you can undo the fabric from the back then roll it down to expose the drivers, however i am not willing to do it as i think it is risky? currently everything is in position sitting right i don't want to change that, if you buy thenm then you can do it. well are the drivers ok? all i can say is listening to them everything sounds find no crackling no flapping they drive fairly loud too and are quite punchy..imo the surrounds are fine. now just letting you know i want to buy a car today but I'm a bit short on money and can't buy it. come today ill sell $1.000 thanks simon

The speakers had a good write up in aussie hifi mag back in its day. The editor (G. Borrowman ? ) seemed vey impressed with the sound.1

I think the small company was down this way at Osborne near Nth Haven -

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)