Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
tomE

Sony 85X8500F tv settings

Recommended Posts

Hi team,

I have the 85 inch Sony x8500F tv and was playing around with my calibration settings needless to say it is now worse than when I started.

Can anyone share what settings they are using and are happy with.

Happy Sunday,

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jeddie said:

I checked on Rtings website but the closest match I could find is for the X850F model. Not quite the same model as yours.

 

Anyway FWIW it may help you with your settings 

 

Thanks for taking the time, it was well with checking out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


On 24/11/2019 at 7:12 AM, tomE said:

Hi team,

I have the 85 inch Sony x8500F tv and was playing around with my calibration settings needless to say it is now worse than when I started.

Can anyone share what settings they are using and are happy with.

Happy Sunday,

Tom

 

Why don't people use google ?

Searching the main title "Sony 85X8500F tv settings" produces "rting" website link as shown above!

 

Now has anyone got a recipe for lemon cheesecake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, niss_man said:

 

Why don't people use google ?

Searching the main title "Sony 85X8500F tv settings" produces "rting" website link as shown above!

 

Now has anyone got a recipe for lemon cheesecake?

Did you read the “rting” website link?


From the mentioned article! (Hence the initial question)


These are the settings we used to calibrate our Sony 65" X850F TV, and we expect them to apply to the 75" version (XBR-75X850F) as well. The 85" version likely does not use the same panel type so the settings may vary.

 

So...the 85inch has a different panel, you will find that on google.

and good luck with your cheesecake!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, chris2003 said:

Hi, Are you happy with this TV, looking at this or the 9500?

Yep pretty happy. I actually have a dedicated movie room but find myself using this a lot more than I intended.

I find the better content is where this tv shines, 4k!

The android interface is a little clunky and can run a touch slow at times but all in all very happy.

Here is a pic, my seating position is about 6m back so I’m happy I went with the 85 and not the 75.

BA2C0098-5B1A-4E36-8DDD-F3DA598C6390.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/11/2019 at 8:23 PM, tomE said:

Yep pretty happy. I actually have a dedicated movie room but find myself using this a lot more than I intended.

I find the better content is where this tv shines, 4k!

The android interface is a little clunky and can run a touch slow at times but all in all very happy.

Here is a pic, my seating position is about 6m back so I’m happy I went with the 85 and not the 75.

BA2C0098-5B1A-4E36-8DDD-F3DA598C6390.jpeg

I wouldn't be able to handle that plant there... Clean set up though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


17 hours ago, ELYAS said:

I wouldn't be able to handle that plant there... Clean set up though. 

I agree! But you have to pick your battles, my wife’s touch... so every time I walk past it I give it a gentle nudge to the left, it’s out of eye shot know!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, tomE said:

I agree! But you have to pick your battles, my wife’s touch... so every time I walk past it I give it a gentle nudge to the left, it’s out of eye shot know!! 

Id give it a gentle squirt of Roundup mate 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

Love the black backdrop, what sound system are you running to compliment it?

Thanks, very happy with the backdrop. It’s just paneling from Bunnings that I painted black.

Re the sound system It’s basic yet affective. As I mentioned earlier I have a dedicated HT room so out here in the lounge room I kept it simple with a Sonos playbar and sub and 2 play 1s for surround duties.

Initially I purchased just the sonos playbar and I was a little underwhelmed but after adding the sub it made a massive difference!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I have the same TV, its pretty good. Also have a C8 OLED and while the blacks are good, you can't beat the size of the 85.

Just purchased a projector and now going to 120 inch! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...