JAZZ COLLECTION

22 minutes ago, helotoby said:

Yeah -- I was surprised

These are vinyls form the 70s - 90s

Blue Note, etc..

I've stopped buying at markets and garage sales now 

No wonder, you wouldn't have time once you start working your way through all those albums! Enjoy

Good call. A special LP for me too:

I bought this in LA in 96, on a one way flight from the UK, when I migrated here to start my new life. It’s got a really positive vibe and is full of possibility.

?
if you haven’t already, give Lee Morgan’s ‘Sidewinder’ a spin. Some great breaks......

Edited by MixedBag
Ideas

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:56 PM, MixedBag said:

Good call. A special LP for me too:

I bought this in LA in 96, on a one way flight from the UK, when I migrated here to start my new life. It’s got a really positive vibe and is full of possibility.

?
if you haven’t already, give Lee Morgan’s ‘Sidewinder’ a spin. Some great breaks......

Have listened to Lee -- I agree -- well worth a weekly listen.  Thanks for your feedback

On 24/11/2019 at 3:43 PM, helotoby said:

Biggest Surprise:  Horace Silver:  Song for My Father -- melodic but not schmultzy

Bob Dylan introduced this to me on his "Theme Time Radio Hour.  

The episode was in the first series and it was in the "Fathers" episode, if my memory serves me correctly.

Edited by audiofeline

On 24/11/2019 at 5:43 AM, helotoby said:

Biggest Surprise:  Horace Silver:  Song for My Father -- melodic but not schmultzy

Always tricks me, expecting Steely Dan's chimes & guitar to kick in rather than the Quintet's horns. 

Edited by zenikoy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1