k3here

Is Murfie closing?

To all Murfie users.

When I visited the murfie.com website today I read a message they were closing Nov 19. 

Website still up though. Anyone read anything?

Hope it's not happening...

I'm on the website now and can't seem to find any mention of closing?

Googled 'Is Murfie closing' and got nothing?

Bit strange, not sure if I saw something in error. The site went down briefly but came back.

oh oh looks like website is down for good.

Real pity I liked Murfie for getting copies of old and almost new albums. I used it to buy cd's in US and get them loaded to my cloud. I wonder what happens to all of those? 

On 22/11/2019 at 10:56 AM, k3here said:

oh oh looks like website is down for good.

Real pity I liked Murfie for getting copies of old and almost new albums. I used it to buy cd's in US and get them loaded to my cloud. I wonder what happens to all of those? 

Got this email from info@murfie.com on Saturday morning.

Hope the retrieval process doesn't drag out too long and is priced fairly.

Dear Murfie User,
Unfortunately, Mufie has ceased operations. The senior debt holders of the company will determine the process by which you may retrieve any physical media that you may have stored at Murfie, and will be in contact regarding it. Thank you for your support over the years. 
The Murfie Team

20 hours ago, surprisetech said:

Got this email from info@murfie.com on Saturday morning.

Hope the retrieval process doesn't drag out too long and is priced fairly.

Thanks, I got the same email. 

I didn't have many cd's stored, only a handful, interesting to see what will happen. Pretty poor warning. 

4 hours ago, k3here said:

Thanks, I got the same email. 

I didn't have many cd's stored, only a handful, interesting to see what will happen. Pretty poor warning. 

I don't have too many with them either.  Never sent any, but bought about 75 over the years and downloaded them all in FLAC format as I purchased them, so I'm not left completely high and dry.

I did get a quote for getting the disks sent to me about 6 months ago and the price was not unreasonable, so if they are able to arrange that, I just hope they stick by their previous pricing scheme.

I guess a sudden announcement like that avoids a mad rush of people wanting to retrieve their material and gives them control over how it gets done.  Lets just hope they stand by their statement.

On 26/11/2019 at 2:03 AM, surprisetech said:

I don't have too many with them either.  Never sent any, but bought about 75 over the years and downloaded them all in FLAC format as I purchased them, so I'm not left completely high and dry.

I did get a quote for getting the disks sent to me about 6 months ago and the price was not unreasonable, so if they are able to arrange that, I just hope they stick by their previous pricing scheme.

I guess a sudden announcement like that avoids a mad rush of people wanting to retrieve their material and gives them control over how it gets done.  Lets just hope they stand by their statement.

HI! I also download each album that I buy in FLAC format, I am worried to know what your list is, since some albums that I buy do not get to download them, I am looking for these albums, please if you had them please contact me:
Salt - Occasions
The Innocence Mission - Let's Talk About Something Else

On 01/12/2019 at 5:31 AM, Abrandon said:

HI! I also download each album that I buy in FLAC format, I am worried to know what your list is, since some albums that I buy do not get to download them, I am looking for these albums, please if you had them please contact me:
Salt - Occasions

Sorry, not familiar with either of those albums.

I got an email from Murfie on Saturday (Friday US time) with a link to request a quote for retrieval of my CDs.

3 hours ago, surprisetech said:

Sorry, not familiar with either of those albums.

I got an email from Murfie on Saturday (Friday US time) with a link to request a quote for retrieval of my CDs.

How much do I charge murfie for returning the CDs?

On 01/12/2019 at 5:31 AM, Abrandon said:

Salt - Occasions

I looked them up for you on Discogs. They seem to both be song titles (not CD album titles), and furthermore both for EP/Maxi CDs, released in 1995/96.

Check these links, as you may need to buy them again. Maybe you can listen for free, via YouTube or Spotify.

WWW.DISCOGS.COM

Label: A&M Records - 31458 8435 2 • Format: CD Maxi-Single, Promo Digipak • Country: US • Genre: Rock •
WWW.DISCOGS.COM

Label: MVG Records - CID 626,Island Records - 854 503-2 • Format: CD Single • Country: UK • Genre: Rock • Style: Alternative Rock

Edited by Uncle Seth

18 hours ago, Abrandon said:

How much do I charge murfie for returning the CDs?

An email should have been sent to the email address that you used to login to Murfie.

I just received another email from them this morning to let us know that they are extending the time to register to have your CDs returned.  If you register your interest, they will provide details of the charge when they prepare the quote based on the size of your collection and shipping costs.

Below is the latest email.  If you want to register your interest in getting your CDs returned, use the link in the email.

Murfie.

We want to provide you with an update and extension. Despite the considerable investment and effort by its many supporters, unfortunately Murfie as a company financially failed and had to close. A group of ex-shareholders and ex-employees are working together here to help fellow Murfie customers who want retrieve any physical media that they have in the Murfie warehouse. 

As there is no money to fund the involved cost of the labor and shipping, all of us who want to retrieve our collection are being asked to help by underwriting the cost involved in getting it picked, packed, and shipped. The email message that went out to Murfie's customers last Friday gave us an opportunity to gauge the amount of demand for such a retrieval program, which is substantial. As such, we are extending the time for you to reserve a place in the queue through Thursday, December 5th using the form below:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdWcsfu-xhcpB_Evf0xVasy4bGCGGoD9fBzO7Rx1qH_v9PhOA/viewform?usp=sf_link

In the meantime, we are forming the process to be able to process these requests and collect the actual cost of labor and shipping. In addition, as a means to avoid the cost of USPS shipping, for those that have the ability to come to Madison, if we can obtain the permission of the landlord, we are looking into coordinating one or two Saturday morning "pick up your collection" events. Details will follow. 

Thank you. We loved Murfie, and are doing what we can to help make a difficult situation a little bit better.

You received this email because our records indicate that you have, or have had, content processed or stored by Murfie, Inc.

Murfie turned out to be a furphy.