Sign in to follow this  
Salisbury 79

SOLD: FS: Spendor A9 Speakers

Item: Pair of Spendor A9 speakers
Price: $3000 - New price from memory was $8900, they are now discontinued with no direct replacement
Item Condition: Used but in very good condition - see photos
Reason for selling: Have moved up in the Spendor food chain and purchased D9.2's ($13,000 under the previous distributor and then initially $16,000 under the new distributor and now apparently $17,750 just over the course of this year - not happy Jan.....)
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: I would describe the sound of these as being more on the tighter, quicker and more detailed side 

I don't have packing but if someone who can't pick them up is keen I can give you dimensions for you to organise Pack & Send. I can deliver them to a PAck &  Send depot near me

Here is a review from What Hi Fi

WWW.WHATHIFI.COM

Best stereo speakers £3000+, Awards 2010. The A9 is another excellent Spendor speaker that couples unassuming looks with masterful performance

Photos: 

Spendor A9 (7).JPG

Spendor A9 (2).JPG

Spendor A9 (1).JPG

Spendor A9 (2a).JPG

Spendor A9 (3).JPG

Spendor A9 (3a).JPG

Spendor A9 (3b).JPG

Spendor A9 (4).JPG

Spendor A9 (4a).JPG

Spendor A9 (5).JPG

Spendor A9 (5a).JPG

Spendor A9 (6).JPG

Edited by Salisbury 79
Refined detail including adding original price, added tags

😛 for me. Hmm, would love this. But... GLWTS.

I think it means: Good Lord what's that s****!

or perhaps:

Good luck with the sale 😉

Welcome to SNA

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Phil sydney
      Item:  Jensen X7 speakers
      Price: $375
      Item Condition: good 8/10
      Reason for selling: too many speakers
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      Nice pair of jensen X7
      U will be surprised as to how amazing these speakers sound for their little price. 
      they are extremely detailed and full of energy. Can run with minimum power amplifier with no issues. Happy to audition. Dont get confused between the older series..their latest X series is the best so far.

have the matching sub and center in my other ads.

Sorry no grills hence price reflects that.

any queries just pm me.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By d_caruso
      Item: Tannoy Revolution XT6F floorstanding speakers - dark walnut
      Price: $1100 now $890 for a quick sale
      Item Condition: Unmarked and as new (but run in of course). 
      Reason for selling: upgraded
      Payment Method: Pickup in PERTH (SOR) only - Cash, Paypal, bank transfer
      Extra Info: I bought these new about 3 years ago, but they’ve had very little use. They’ve been used to play vinyl at family friendly listening levels and powered (easily) by a 20ish watt SET amp. The rave reviews you’ll find by googling are all true IMO. I think this one is spot on: https://www.whathifi.com/tannoy/revolution-xt6f/review. The soundstage, accuracy and timing of the drivers are amazing, I reckon. So taken am I with the dual concentric concept I splurged on the new Tannoy Cheviots, so these are sitting unused and need to go.
      Donation to SN on sale.

• By krebetman
      Item:  Lenehan MLT3 Floorstanding Loudspeakers - titanium grey colour 
      Price: $3100
      Item Condition: Very Good
      Reason for selling: Upgrading to ML5
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only

Extra Info:

I know there is a backlash against using the term ‘musical’ to describe a piece of equipment and so I won’t use it.  What I will say is that since owning these speakers, I have enjoyed music more and felt I have had more insight into the performance than with any of my previous speakers.

In fact, they are a bit of a gateway drug to the Lenehan naturalness and accuracy, only being sold to help me go up his range of speakers.

Mike Lenehan’s attention to detail shows in every part of these speakers, including cabinet bracing, the lovely finish and, as you would expect, the crossover. Reportedly these are efficient enough to pair well with valve and solid-state amps alike.

These have a lovely dark gloss grey enamel finish that is maddeningly difficult to photograph with my iPhone, so if interested, I suggest you look through the other threads on Stereonet, where some better pictures have been taken of this exact pair of speakers. Photos show one very slight blemish on the side of the left speaker, which is unnoticeable under normal circumstances.

Local pickup preferred due to size & weight, but shipping can also be arranged.

• By Cybrarian
      Item: Spendor D7 Speakers in dark walnut
      Price: $4300
      Item Condition: Mint
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Cash, PayPal, or bank transfer
      Extra Info: A very reluctant sale due to my plans for dedicated listening room being blocked. In mint condition & only two years old they are currently driven by a Luxman L-507UXII with aplomb. Current RRP is $9200. Will ship interstate @ buyers expense. Speaker grills, original boxing & owners manual are included.
      Spendor D7 specifications
      Spendor D7 reviews: Wall of Sound, Stereophile & The Absolute Sound

• By Believe1980s
      Spendor A1 bookshelf Speakers are my new weapon.

I thought my Naim 5si 60W amp can push it on fantastic point. I am wrong.  Focal is far more matching the Naim.

Spendor A1 is 84dB, so after i tried Rotel RB1552 120W Power amp + RC1550 pre amp, i believe the at least 100w will be needed on this 84dB A1. The problem is tone of Rotel is terrible on Spendor. The next amp i tried is Marantz PM7005 60W which is better tone,  but back to the power issue. Still not happy with that.

So Naim 5si, Rotel RB1552 and Marantz PM7005 won't match Spendor A1. What is my next step?

Happy to hear any advice and discussion.

Thanks.