Item: Thorens TD160 Turntable
Price: $800
Item Condition: Used, but very good for it's age. Original dust cover is almost perfect. Small superficial marks on the top plate (see picture) that do not effect performance.
Reason for selling: Surplus 
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

One of the classics from the classic era, this is a tweakers' dream.

Presents very well in mostly original condition. Serviced, set up & upgrade of required components; summary of work completed:

• cleaned inside & out
  • motor oiled
  • tuned and dialed in TP16 tonearm
  • new hinges installed for dust cover
  • new Ortofon OM10 cartridge installed and set up 
  • Thakker belt included
  • new feet installed
  • upgraded Mogami RCAs installed

Plenty of information on the Internet that best sums up this classic deck. 

Performs admiringly next to my heavily tweaked Thorens TD125

Pick up in Melbourne western suburbs, happy to demo. Could deliver locally if not too far.

IMG_0193.jpg.bf9e8c4ac878d95fa99eaf02ecfe646e.jpg
Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

Edited by Dawso8
Price reduction
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brian_S
      Item Condition: Near perfect Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Red Hill South State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal +3%, Cash on pickup, EFT Reason for selling: Upgraded to LP12 Further information:

It’s time to let this baby go to a new home. I really love this turntable but now that I have my (way more expensive) LP12 properly set up and upgraded, it just can’t quite compete.
      But that’s not a shortcoming, it’s just a fact of hifi life....
      At it’s price point I don’t believe that the RP6 had many (if any) real challengers.
      This unit has been upgraded with the Groovetracer bearing and sub platter, and has an Edwards Audio Little (Blue) Belter drive belt installed – both mods made a significant improvement to the original sound (that was already very very good).
      I’ve also included an unused (still packaged) Rega white belt, as well as the original Rega black belt.
      The Exact cart (factory fitted) has approx 250 hours on it and performs perfectly.
      The PSU has just been service checked by Andrew at Hifi Restorations in Melbourne and provides 33 and 45 RPM speed selection instantaneously at the push of a button.
      Everything is in near new condition with the exception of the clear cover that has some very small barely visible scuff marks.
      I make it a practice to retain all OEM packaging and service manuals, so the RP6 will be boxed as it was when it left the shop. For the buyer’s peace of mind I will forward photos of the packing process prior to shipment / pickup.
      I originally purchased this from Lintone Audio in the UK, so the 230V – 24V AC adapter has a UK plug. I’ve included an Aus/UK plug adapter in the package. It runs faultlessly on Australian mains power.
      Pickup is available but unfortunately auditioning is not.

Sale price includes donation to SNA.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By BWJA
      Item Condition: Mint condition Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Seddon 3011 State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal Reason for selling: Updated to a new TT Further information:
      The turntable features an S-shaped tonearm with adjustable tracking force and an AT-HS6 universal ½”-mount headshell with an Ortofon 2M Black MM Cartridge. 

Key Features:
      - High-fidelity audio with Bluetooth wireless technology
      - 33, 45 & 78 RPM Fully manual, direct-drive operation
      - Built-in switchable phono pre-amp
      - Adjustable dynamic anti-skate control
      - Professional-grade anti-resonance, die-cast aluminium platter with felt mat
      - Stroboscopic platter with speed indicator
      - Variable pitch control with quartz speed lock
      - Removable target light for easier cueing in low light
      - Balanced S-shaped tonearm with hydraulically damped lift control and lockable rest
      - Convert your vinyl records to digital audio files with USB connection to your computer
      - Connects wirelessly to speakers and other devices with Bluetooth wireless technology
      - Fitted Ortofon 2M Black moving magnet cartridge

The cartridge is only 2 weeks old and only had 10 hours playtime, cartridge has full packaging and receipt.
      Dust cover for the TT is also included.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Brian_S
      Item Condition: Near perfect Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Red Hill South State: VIC Payment Method: COD, Paypal (+3%) Reason for selling: Upgraded and no longer required Further information:

Marantz TT-15s1 turntable, designed and built by Clearaudio, badged Marantz. This much loved TT comes fully boxed and protected in the OEM packaging, and is in near perfect condition. I upgraded the original Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood MM cart to a Clearaudio Maestro  MM cart. This significantly improved tracking ability and detail retrieval over the original, and elevates the sound of the original turntable (already pretty darn good) to something quite special. Plenty of PRaT, detail (but not fatiguing), and toe tapping enjoyment. Probably one of the simplest turntables to set up, and for the price provides some of the most satisfying vinyl playback available. The original Virtuoso cart is included with the package. Both carts have less than 200 hours played on each.

Sale includes the following ancillaries;
      Spare drive belt
      Souther Clever Clamp
      Original OEM setup tools (screwdrivers, allen keys)
      Marantz bearing oil
      Original owners manual and setup guide
      Genuine Gingko Audio acrylic dust cover (some small scuff marks visible)
      “ZeroDust” stylus cleaner

The turntable is available to visually inspect but unfortunately audition is not possible.
      Will ship anywhere in Australia at buyer’s expense, or direct local pickup (Mornington Peninsula, Vic)

Sale price includes donation to SNA.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By grorr76
      In may I bought a MOFI Ultradeck with Mastertracker. In the intervieeening months it started developing issues. Firstly the dust cover didn't have rubber stoppers as it should. The finish on the outside of the desk was inconsistent and started flaking off. I had motor noise. It was setup properly either. The corner of the front was bent. So I sent it back after a few weeks they sent me a brand new deck.

Here is where it gets interesting. This ultra deck is night and day better than the first. Everything is tighter, tolerances are perfect. Everything fits better. The tonearm is more fluid. Motor noise is now non existent , no hum . So I was in communication with MOFI in the states through this. My new deck is like a ultradeck V2, it has many improvements , including the ones mentioned. So if anyone is considering buy a MOFI try to get a later manufactured one, they are so so much better. I think my new one sounds better to. It was quite a task to get this swapped during lockdown, but I am glad I did. At its price point it should be perfect and now I am happy to say it finally is.
    • By Fly_by
      Item Condition: Used - but just serviced Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Canberra State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: Paypal, Bank transfer, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: No longer in use Further information:

I've had this turntable for 30 years. I haven't played vinyl for many years and so time has come allow someone else the joy of owning this.

Specs are:
      CJ Walker brand (1980s)
      Grace G707 tonearm
      Goldring G1020 cartridge and stylus
      Original cover (repaired - see photo)
      Original hinges with covers
      Original platter
      Original (bronze) bearing is lubricated and in good condition
      New belt

It has just had a full service and set up. The timber veneer is pretty good. It has a few little marks. I didn't attempt any rep[airs to the veneer, but I did apply a little wood polish. I have polished the lid. I didn't buff the lid as I wanted to present the turntable as naturally and honestly as possible.

Pricing it has been quite tricky, but after discussing it with a few people and some input from SNA members I settled on a price that seems reasonable.. Apparently the Grace tonearm can sell for $400-$500.

I'd rather not ship it if I can avoid it, but feel free to contact me.

Photos: