jakeyb77

Honest eBay tube seller

So recently I’ve bought some tubes from Russia from various sellers and they burnt out very quickly in most cases. 
This left me with a very sour experience. 
But I also ordered some RCA rectifiers from a seller in the US and they are fantastic. She also takes reasonable offers and is very genuine and combines shipping. Also the tubes come with values and are packed very well. I’ve recently also bought a range of NOS 12AX7 and very happy. 
Anyway I like to reward good service and also provide a reliable source to SNA members. 
Anyway hope this helps 

A61851C0-89D0-4E46-87F5-12069A46E021.jpeg

Edited by jakeyb77

Thanks for the recommendation.  I just had a look at her stuff.

Gee, postage is getting high from the states.  Pity.

55 minutes ago, aussievintage said:

Can always fly over and pick them up. Maybe take route 61 from Nashville to New Orleans and BBQ and Blues yourself to heaven while you’re there. 

2 hours ago, aussievintage said:

Sure is. Prices me out of a lot of purchases just from the postage.

A vacuum doesn't weigh too much either.

1 hour ago, jakeyb77 said:

Maybe take route 61 from Nashville to New Orleans and BBQ and Blues yourself to heaven while you’re there. 

I have always wanted to do Route 66.  Have a close friend who grew up in/near New Orleans, and sounds like a good place for music.

One I have used several times with positive experience is Arizona Tube Supply, I think they go by the username N7RK

1 hour ago, eman said:

Sure is. Prices me out of a lot of purchases just from the postage.

A vacuum doesn't weigh too much either.

Open a free account with Australia Post's Postmate service. It's based in Portland, Oregon. Have your purchases sent there and then pay from Oregon to Aus. You may find that a cheaper option although I'm not predicting their own costs haven't risen (I've had some evidence of it).

57 minutes ago, lenticularis said:

Open a free account with Australia Post's Postmate service. It's based in Portland, Oregon. Have your purchases sent there and then pay from Oregon to Aus. You may find that a cheaper option although I'm not predicting their own costs haven't risen (I've had some evidence of it).

Unfortunately it won’t be cheaper - you just end up paying the same amts for US post as before. I’ve done it.

Edited by candyflip

16 minutes ago, candyflip said:

Unfortunately it won’t be cheaper - you just end up paying the same amts for US post as before. I’ve done it.

I've used Shipito a bunch of times and saved on postage. If the seller doesn't ship a decent volume, the freight forwarding companies can beat them. Also, I've dealt with sellers who refuse to use anything but DHL and FedEx, which can be insanely pricey, so using a freight forwarder with a range of discounted options becomes a no - brainer.

Better to just pick some up next time you’re at Woolworths. 

2 hours ago, Goatboy said:

I've used Shipito a bunch of times and saved on postage. If the seller doesn't ship a decent volume, the freight forwarding companies can beat them. Also, I've dealt with sellers who refuse to use anything but DHL and FedEx, which can be insanely pricey, so using a freight forwarder with a range of discounted options becomes a no - brainer.

Postmate are just really expensive. Others are better.