cafe67

Where were you in 1994 ?

1994 ? getting right into the hifi thing...

stuff like CD transports and dacs were all the range ... 

was enjoying a esoteric spinner feeding a valve dac....

still have the valve dac :D switch it on now and then to reminisce 

most of everything else from that era is long gone... though still have an audio alchemy headphone amp also from that time :) 

Lol great responses from people.

i think 94 I was working in Claremont , pretty sure my system was Rega planar 3, Sony x77es cdplayer, nakamichi ca5/pa7 (s/h) and dynimage speakers. 

All from either frank prowse, Vince Ross and simply hifi 

would have been 27 at the time 

12 minutes ago, cafe67 said:

i think 94 I was working in Claremont , pretty sure my system was Rega planar 3,

sadly by then I was well and truly under the mis apprehension that vinyl was dead...would be another 5 years before I rediscovered vinyl via  a rega p25 :)  

I think Byron Bay, starting the self discovery thing.

Or was that 95?

Edit: nup, had started, the reboot.

Edited by Muon N'

First trip to Hawaii 🏄🏻‍♂️🏄🏻‍♂️🏄🏻‍♂️..........got me hooked and back every year since...........🏝🏝🌺🌺🏄🏻‍♂️🏄🏻‍♂️

Sunderland in NE England. A place accurately described to me as the boil in the armpit of the world. So bad, left the UK at the end of the year and never went back except to visit family. HiFi wise, very UK flat earth with LP12/Ekos/Asaka Naim 42.5/HiCap/110 and Linn Kans. Bought a Sony Discman to experiment with and to travel with. Still got the LP12. 

2 hours ago, Luc said:

Building the house I'm in, fishing, shagging,drinking,reading,listening to music.

Pretty much what I'm still doing.

and if you went back to 84 it would be the same minus the house and if you went back to 74 it would be the same. 64 it would of been building meccano and listening to parents music, drinking milk and reading Dr Seuss.

God what a boring life eh.

I don't know mate?

Childhood sounded crap. But boy, have you made up for it since then.

I mean all that fishing!

2 hours ago, cafe67 said:

Lol great responses from people.

i think 94 I was working in Claremont , pretty sure my system was Rega planar 3, Sony x77es cdplayer, nakamichi ca5/pa7 (s/h) and dynimage speakers. 

All from either frank prowse, Vince Ross and simply hifi 

would have been 27 at the time 

Gosh bought my first system from Vince Ross in in 1976. It was a Rotel tt with a Shure cart. A Kenwood Amp, Kenwood cassette player and 2 huge Cerwin Vega tower speakers. Those speakers were great party speakers. But fidelity wise they were pretty crap. But my mates were impressed.

Was dabbling with Alessis recording gears back then when Dunlavy IV came out

I was spending a bit of down time with Roger Rogerson.

Living in Brunei, sounds via Rock mk II (same one I have now), Misssion Cyrus 2 and PSX and a pair of DM2 speakers.

2nd year of Uni (doing some 1st year subjects again as I enjoyed wine, women and song a bit too much) and was introduced to NAD and a pretty decent Uni student hi fi. 

...and that you could enhance your VHS viewing experience by plugging it into said stereo. The Lion King was a watershed moment. (Could've been the joints being toked at the time) but that soundtrack stood out! 😂

Finishing my degree after 5 years and really looking forward to getting into work. 25 years later, I long for those old days .

Did manage to work in some dodgy Hobart bottle shop for a bit which allowed me to go to Qantum and get my paws on on Japanese made Yammy receiver and cd player. All this fed to some god awful speakers from Vinnies but it mattered little as long as it was loud!

Yes back when the toughest decision I had to make was where to take the ferret for a gallop. Sigh.