Where were you in 1994 ?

In LA seeing Lallopalooza in a limo after I won a "Sounds" contest on channel 7 - first and only tv contest I have entered.   we declined to meet Green Day as we couldn't be bothered as another band was about to start - lol.  did not think they would still be around 25 years later.

Damn awesome.

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 7

I was living on the Gold Coast with no interest in hifi.

It was milestone year in a few ways.

It was the year I moved out of home.

It was the year I completed my university degree after studying part time and working full time.

I also became an uncle for the first time.

• Like 2

Building the house I'm in, fishing, shagging,drinking,reading,listening to music.

Pretty much what I'm still doing.

and if you went back to 84 it would be the same minus the house and if you went back to 74 it would be the same. 64 it would of been building meccano and listening to parents music, drinking milk and reading Dr Seuss.

God what a boring life eh.

• Like 2

Guest jakeyb77
1 minute ago, Luc said:

Building the house I'm in, fishing, shagging,drinking,reading,listening to music.

and if you went back to 84 it would be the same minus the house and if you went back to 74 it would be the same. 64 it would of been building meccano and listening to parents music, drinking milk and reading Dr Seuss.

Good to hear the little blue tablets are working ?

18 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

Last year of High School, was a bloody great year. Would go back to that time in an instant. 

Every school i ever ''attended'' has been demolished 

hmmm i wonder why?

29 minutes ago, metal beat said:

In LA seeing Lallopalooza in a limo after I won a "Sounds" contest on channel 7 - first and only tv contest I have entered.   we declined to meet Green Day as we couldn't be bothered as another band was about to start - lol.  did not think they would still be around 25 years later.

Damn awesome.

In LA as well, on a 6 week training course for work, had enough of LA within week 2...  :(.  Was thinking of going to the Lallopalooza that was at Cal State just to see the Beastie Boys, but tickets were sold out  :(

• Like 2

Guest jakeyb77
10 minutes ago, kab said:

Every school i ever ''attended'' has been demolished 

hmmm i wonder why?

I got advised that “the last two years are not compulsory” and I have never received an invite to any reunions lol 

1 minute ago, jakeyb77 said:

I got advised that “the last two years are not compulsory” and I have never received an invite to any reunions lol 

My ex classmates are in jail dead or MIA.

1994 ? getting right into the hifi thing...

stuff like CD transports and dacs were all the range ... 

was enjoying a esoteric spinner feeding a valve dac....

still have the valve dac :D switch it on now and then to reminisce 

most of everything else from that era is long gone... though still have an audio alchemy headphone amp also from that time :) 

• Like 2

Lol great responses from people.

i think 94 I was working in Claremont , pretty sure my system was Rega planar 3, Sony x77es cdplayer, nakamichi ca5/pa7 (s/h) and dynimage speakers. 

All from either frank prowse, Vince Ross and simply hifi 

would have been 27 at the time 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cafe67 said:

i think 94 I was working in Claremont , pretty sure my system was Rega planar 3,

sadly by then I was well and truly under the mis apprehension that vinyl was dead...would be another 5 years before I rediscovered vinyl via  a rega p25 :)  

• Like 3

Guest Muon N'

I think Byron Bay, starting the self discovery thing.

Or was that 95?

Edit: nup, had started, the reboot.

Edited by Muon N'

Sunderland in NE England. A place accurately described to me as the boil in the armpit of the world. So bad, left the UK at the end of the year and never went back except to visit family. HiFi wise, very UK flat earth with LP12/Ekos/Asaka Naim 42.5/HiCap/110 and Linn Kans. Bought a Sony Discman to experiment with and to travel with. Still got the LP12. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Luc said:

I don't know mate?

Childhood sounded crap. But boy, have you made up for it since then.

I mean all that fishing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2