Esoteric P-03 transport / Esoteric D-03 Dac

Item: Esoteric P-03 transport / Esoteric D-03 Da

Price: 11k Au Including delivery Aus Wide ( new almost $50,000 Aus at time of manufacture) Possibly the best int he world on release.

Item Condition:totally mint- NEW LASER -REPLACED BY ESOTERIC AGENT IN AUCKLAND A YEAR AGO WHEN OWNED BY SNA MEMBER ANDREW P and cost $2000, Transport just serviced by Rockeater.

Reason for selling: Looking at Options, Juggling ideas at the moment with entire system.

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only Pick up /Delivery etc

Extra Info: SO MANY REVIEWS online for these very talented units

Both units in pristine condition in all,original factory packing. Sold as a pair. Stunning reviews online. Thanks for looking.

https://6moons.com/audioreviews/esoteric4/trio_2.html

https://www.hifiplus.com/articles/hi-fi-plus-the-esoteric-p-03-sacd-playerd-03-dac/

Conclusion and a few quotes.

The Esoteric P-03 and D-03 combination are simply state of the art, both in picture and in sound quality. I was shocked at how good 480p video from DVD could look. For the music lover, the Esoteric pair delivers world-class sound quality from CD, SACD, and DVD-Audio. Indeed, it is among the best digital playback I’ve heard, regardless or price. Moreover, the interior build quality and chassis metalwork are drop-dead gorgeous. These are among the most lavishly designed and executed products I’ve encountered in 17 years of reviewing high-end audio gear.

Can any “DVD player” be worth thirty grand? Experience the Esoteric P-03 and D-03 for yourself and you just might be surprised by your answer.

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/esoteric-p-03-and-d-03-universal-disc-transport-and-dac-1/

Very few products can lay claim to being unquestionably the best in the world. In any field there are always several candidates for the stateof- the-art, with experts disagreeing based on personal preference or varying perspectives. Heck, even Ferrari has competition.

One product, however, that has no peer is the vibration-free rigid disc-clamping mechanism (VRDS) found in disc players from Esoteric, the high-end division of Teac. Although all players have a transport mechanism to spin the disc and read the data encoded on it, the similarity between the flimsy plastic mechanisms of mass-market machines and VRDS ends there.

The Esoteric VRDS Neo mechanism, used in the P-03 Universal Transport reviewed here, is a tour de force in mechanical design and manufacturing. The massive machined assembly has one purpose—to read information from the disc with the highest precision possible (see sidebar for details).

The P-03 is a truly universal device, compatible with CD, DVDVideo, DVD-Audio, and SACD (SACD and DVD-A in 2-channel mode). Note, however, that the P-03 is a transport, not a disc player. This means it has no integral digitalto- analog converters; you must convert the P-03’s digital output to analog in you’re A/V controller (or receiver), or with a standalone digital-to-analog converter, such as Esoteric’s D-03, also reviewed here.

There are many compelling reasons to think of the P-03 universal transport and D-03 digital-to-analog converter as one product in two chassis. The two create a synergy, allowing each product to fully realize its potential. For example, the D-03 digitalto- analog converter outputs a precision clock to which the transport is slaved. This technique greatly reduces clock jitter (timing errors in the conversion of digital data to an analog waveform) as a source of sonic degradation.

The P-03/D-03 pair has, in my experience, the most sophisticated technology and feature-set for playing CD and high-resolution discs. The combination offers upsampling of standard-resolution audio (CD), along with a variety of ways to convert digital bits into music.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

P-03 TRANSPORT

Type: SACD/CD transport
Formats supported: SACD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW 
Digital Audio Output: i.Link output x 2, XLR x2, RCA coaxial x 1
Word Clock: BNC x1
Freq. accepted: 44.1kHz, 88.2kHz, 100kHz,176.4kHz (rectangular wave)
Dimensions (HxWxD): 158x445x420mm

Weight: 30 kg
Price: £10495

D-03 D/A CONVERTER

Type: D/A Converter
Digital Inputs: i.Link terminal, 6-pin x2, XLRx2 (Dual AES output), RCA x2, Optical x1,
USB and Wireless-coming soon

Analogue outputs: XLR, RCA
Word Clock input/output: BNC
Word Clock Frequency: 44.1, 88.2, 176.4, 48, 96, 192, 100 (kHz)
Dimensions (HxWxD): 108x445x420mm
Weight: 27kg 
Price: £9,995
Interconnects: Not supplied. Both digital XLR and BNC word sync cables must be
purchased separately.                                 

Manufacturer:

TEAC Esoteric
Net: www.teac.co.jp

UK Distributor:

IMG_8511.jpg

IMG_8510.jpg

Wish I could afford your Esoteric goodies they look amazing and I'm sure sound as good as they look, just want to say I hope your goods are recovered or that you have shipping insurance and that you are financially fully reimbursed.