Sign in to follow this  
Bcdesign

Death Stranding

Has anyone picked up a copy yet? 
Worth all the hype? 
Still on the fence as a casual gamer.

I decided to give this a miss. Did get Jedi Fallen Order however, and that has been great fun.

I bought it day one and have been playing it pretty much every day.

No other way than telling it as it is, this game is a repetitive slog to get through.

Ever wanted to be a out of world courier that got hampered in pretty much every way you could imagine whilst delivering your cargo, if YES, then this is the game for you.

That's pretty much the game in a nutshell......."Laborious" would be my rating as a game.

You are not missing anything, by NOT playing this game.......Go straight to the new Star Wars Jedi game [which I also got the following week ].

I've already invested so much time into Death Stranding, I might as well Plat it....which I estimate will take another 100 hours....tedious, but hey, I like to finish things......I might be one of the few that finish this game...... from looking at the progress of others on my friends list that also got this game day one,  it would seem quite a few have already retired from playing it.

Damn! Do you like other kojima games?

I know exactly what you mean.

I used to be like you and was determined to finish even though a game was not enjoyable.

I’m going to sound old here, but they just don’t make them like they used to.

Not sure if it a case of style over substance.... or maybe just me?

Thanks for the review @Tweaky

I think it just goes to show that it was the partnership between Kojima and Konami that made the Metal Gear games so successful.

He probably needs someone around to reign him in a bit.

Good point @thathifiguy

Guess I’ll give it a miss or wait until it goes on sale and I have nothing better to do.

The whole story premise is bizarre to say the least.

The cut scenes, of which there are many, have you watching them, and then thinking afterwards, am I any wiser to what the hell this story is about, or where it's heading?

It's a mis mash of ideologies from different cultures on death and reincarnation, well from what I understand of it so far, it could turn out to be something else by the end of the game, I'm just starting chapter 8 of 14.

The thing that keeps you coming back to play the game is, you have to build structures around the world to help you do your tasks, and you can use structures other people have built as well.

It's around 37 places that you have to get a 5 star rating on, so it means multiple visits to each place to eventually get that rating.

The problem is that that the rain in the game slowly deteriorates any structures you build, so it ends up a sort of resource management to keep those structures in place, plus to throw a spanner in the works, because you a constantly online while playing, other players can choose to knock down your structure for parts, removing it from the game.

Thankfully nobody has done that to my Zipline network that I've been building [you don't get the ability to build Ziplines till just past the half way mark], which is the fastest way to get around....tortuously slow any other way.