Sign in to follow this  
PKK

Waterloo (1970)

This has to be the most anticipated bluray release for Napoleonic fans. We have VHS and DVD for decades but only bluray or even 4K can give this movie justice due to its scale of production with over ten thousand soldiers involved. 

Rumor has it that studio would release it in 2015 to celebrate the 200th anniversary but nothing happened. Some say all good quality prints were lost due to the lower than expected box office compare to the huge budget back in the day so we have no choice but live with the poor quality DVD forever. But I am happy to finally see Germany release it in glory and hopefully other countries will follow suit. 

PQ is surprisingly good for a movie of its age. Audio is also a big step up from DVD in English DTSHD 5.1. Special feature is limited to trailer and stills from cinema promotions. Happy to see everything is in English including subtitle which is lacking in DVD. Hopefully they will make it into 4K UHD bluray someday but I must say this is more than good enough for now.    

pa.jpg

pd.jpg

pe.jpg

waterloo1.jpg

waterloo2.jpg

pb.jpg

pc.jpg

Can you provide a link for purchase please ?

cheers Muriwai 

Thanks for the link

have ordered thru JPC 

after spending ages till I found the translation button at very bottom of page!!!

will be interesting to see how the atmos up mix algorithm works on the mono soundtrack 

i have never seen this movie so looking forward to it

cheers Muriwai 

"I made one mistake....I should of burnt Berlin"

On 18/11/2019 at 12:02 PM, muriwai said:

Can you provide a link for purchase please ?

cheers Muriwai 

Sorry for the late reply. I bought it off ebay and paid 30 AUD with free shipping but the listing is now ended. That was the groovesland ebay store and I don't know why they say the release date is now 31 Dec 2019 and delivery is 35-42 working days. How much did you pay for yours?  

On 18/11/2019 at 8:11 PM, muriwai said:

Thanks for the link

have ordered thru JPC 

after spending ages till I found the translation button at very bottom of page!!!

will be interesting to see how the atmos up mix algorithm works on the mono soundtrack 

i have never seen this movie so looking forward to it

cheers Muriwai 

JPC have a "Switch to English" right at the top of the page, middle of the header.

8 hours ago, muriwai said:

21 euro so $36 👍

Not bad. Hope you don't have to wait long as groovesland said to receive it. Please tell us when you get it and your thoughts. 

Yeah my experience with ALL German online stores shipping is SOOOO slow. Amazon DE as well, when they still shipped here. I'm waiting on a couple from Grooves myself.

Still wish I could find a good retailer from France. Fnac shipping is so high.

I remember it took 3 weeks for the groovesland ebay store to deliver my order so it is acceptable in my case. May be they are all in stock and ready to ship when they list them on ebay to make a difference.   

Edited by PKK

Looks spectacular.

Did Abba do the soundtrack?  😊

On 20/11/2019 at 6:46 PM, PKK said:

Not bad. Hope you don't have to wait long as groovesland said to receive it. Please tell us when you get it and your thoughts. 

They cancelled the order on me and refund my money!!

so now where do I buy from??

On 26/12/2019 at 8:47 PM, muriwai said:

They cancelled the order on me and refund my money!!

so now where do I buy from??

It seems like a hard to find item now. Not even ebay has it anymore. Only place I can find is grooves.land and hope their release date of 31 Dec 2019 is real. Good luck. 

And I have also bought the epic 7 hours War and Peace from Amazon US to complete my childhood dream. 

B5.jpg

Edited by PKK

Happy to see Waterloo got a local release of 1000 units with deluxe slipcase so as a fan I can't help grabbing one.  

The Aussie release has a special feature that talks about the background of the movie which is very informative and not on the German import. But missing so many like chapter menu, galleries, foreign languages and subtitles (not even English). So it is hard for me to choose one over the other. 

waterloo1.jpg

waterloo2.jpg

waterloo3.jpg

1 hour ago, PKK said:

Happy to see Waterloo got a local release of 1000 units with deluxe slipcase so as a fan I can't help grabbing one.  

The Aussie release has a special feature that talks about the background of the movie which is very informative and not on the German import. But missing so many like chapter menu, galleries, foreign languages and subtitles (not even English). So it is hard for me to choose one over the other. 

waterloo1.jpg

waterloo2.jpg

waterloo3.jpg

From JB?

Hope from JB as I never got it from overseas

the place refund my money after a month of waiting and then Covid came along and I never chased it up 

4 hours ago, muriwai said:

Hope from JB as I never got it from overseas

the place refund my money after a month of waiting and then Covid came along and I never chased it up 

Yes the local one is from JB and they have 30% off just for today so better grab it fast. 

On the first day of release all 3 of my local JB has no stock so I have to buy online and paid extra for postage. 

Got the last one from fountain gate JB

Many thanks PKK👍